XMAS PRE/POST IVA

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
24 posts Page 2 of 2

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:32 pm
Excellent post lem. It is hard sticking to a budget initially, but you will get used to it and enjoy the feeling of having some money left at the end of the month.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

MRBLUESKY

Post by MRBLUESKY » Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:50 pm
not being overdrawn is a blessing.entering into a iva or any other debt solution just drains all the pressure from you.its a great feeling and definately worth it in the end.it certainly helped me get my life back on track.
Last edited by MRBLUESKY on Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dominic

Post by Dominic » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:42 pm
yes knowing the money i spend is mine and no one elses is a great feeling

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:50 pm
Even better when it's vouchers and they've cost you nothing!
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

holly 1

Post by holly 1 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:42 pm
Great post indebtscared!
In my IVA 3 months,most of my christmas presents have been bought in poundshops but do you know something? I don't care, the feeling of paying by cash not credit is something I wouldn't change for the world. Im looking forward to starting 2011 credit card debt free. Also a few weeks ago my mum was diagnosed with breast cancer & had to undergo a mastectomy. She is a widow (I live about 65 miles away & am an only child), & we just heard on thursday the cancer hasn't spread & she only needs to take a tablet - no chemo etc, now that's the best christmas present ever!! puts things into perspective eh? I wish everyone on the forum a HAPPY CHRISTMAS & lets all look forward to a DEBT FREE FUTURE.X
j hamilton

teapot

Post by teapot » Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:52 pm
Everyone I know has a cause or charity for which they have strong feelings so this year I have made small donations in their name. I have printed out the confirming e-mails & they will get them with a Happy New Year card ... I thought this action was more in keeping with the true ideal of this holiday & I hope it will make them as happy as it has me. Just an idea ...

Tillergirl

Post by Tillergirl » Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:20 pm
What lovely posts on here.

I have my creditors meeting scheduled for 23rd Dec which I asked for intentionally so I have my IVA approved before Christmas and New Year.

This month is proving to be a real struggle - with no savings built up yet and no credit facilities but I know it will be worth it.

Shining

Post by Shining » Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:07 pm
All the best Tillergirl for the 23rd. Lots of great posts above. x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:14 pm
Good luck from me as well.
Bob Marley.
24 posts Page 2 of 2
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”