worried about wages!!!

5 posts Page 1 of 1

chelseachick

Post by chelseachick » Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:56 pm
Hi

Just a very big concern. I gave my employer my new bank account details last month . Have just proposed an IVA and was with the NAtwest bank who are one of my creditors (and the largest). My emplyer now tells me that my wages may not be paid into my new bank account and may still get paid into my old account. I owe Natwest a loan of £24000 (1 Month arrears since proposal) and an overdraft of £2000. I am worried that if my wages are paid into the Natwest that they will not allow me access to my money...... What should I do if this is the case on the 15th when I get paid HELP!!!!

[:(!][:(]

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:24 am
Are you already in an IVA? If so, it is quite likely that your wages will be grabbed by the bank. Could your employer give you a cheque and cancel the standing order? You might have to come clean with them why, but this is better than losing one month's salary.

Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner for over 20 years.

For further details contact me at http://www.melaniegiles.com and view my IVA blog at: http://melaniegiles.blogs.iva.co.uk
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

r_l

Post by r_l » Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:28 am
this happened to me when i first went into the IVA, i had to tell my employer that the bank had cancelled my account (as i didnt want to tell them the truth) - they then gave me a cheque as a one off, and my new bank details got changed for next time.

chelseachick

Post by chelseachick » Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:56 am
I am waiting for my creditors meeting on the 30th July so not yet in an IVA. Spoke to my employers and told them that the bank account has been closed.. they have said that they will try their hardest to make sure that it goes into my new account. Fingers crossed.... It can't be that hard surely..

Oliver

Post by Oliver » Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:53 am
Try and stress the importance of this to your employers as it would be terrible to lose a month's salary.

Best Regards
Oliver

Thomas Charles and Co Ltd.
Experts in personal debt solutions.
Read customer feedback at: www.thomascharles.com/about_us.asp
Best Regards
Oliver
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “IVA postbag for july”