Will they fail my IVA ?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
4 posts Page 1 of 1

b321

Post by b321 » Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:14 pm
Hi. I have been in an IVA now for 2 years and had my fist request from my IP for a review in the last few days. I have been seriously struggling with my IVA and it is only through the good will of friends and family that i am still afloat and keeping up all my payments both IVA and living expenses. I have been asked for 12 months payslips, and p60. I have no problem with filling out my expenditure however my disposal income will be lesser than when i first started my IVA due to the cost of living and not having a pay rise for the last 18 months. My biggest worry however is that in aug i recieved a bonus from work...£1000 extra...but that very month my car broke down...had to have repairs costing nearly £900...i had to take this money to pay for my car.... had no choice...no car no work! i have all the receipts including other car related receipts showing that i had previosuly used up my £30 per month towards my car in tyres, exhaust and MOT. i am worried sick that i have not go the money to pay their 50%. Will they fail my IVA for this or will they let me off? I have never missed a payment and have been very good to date.

creditcrunched

Post by creditcrunched » Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:21 pm
it would have been better to get permission first from the ip but i would hope he will see the car was a must needed item because if you cant get to work you cant pay the iva

good luck

freelili

Post by freelili » Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:22 pm
Hi there and welcome

They wouldnt want to fail your IVA over this and if you have the proof then I think it will be fine, although I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong.

I think you need to talk with them about the level of payments that are causing you to struggle so much, the cost of living has really gone up since your IVA was agreed and IP's like the rest of us will be aware of that. It may be worth contacting them to ask for a reduction to make life non dependant of the kindness of relatives.

Good luck.
LILY

http://freelili.blogs.iva.co.uk

I asked God for an answer, I have to live with his reply.
Exsisto an angelus quod planto quispiam sentio melior.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:54 pm
These things are always better discussed with your IP when they actually occur, rather than at annual review time, but I am sure that they will cut you some slack on this so long as you promise to keep them informed in the future.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”