Who pays for written valuation and how do I arrange it ?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
13 posts Page 1 of 1

jos

Post by jos » Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:38 am
Hi i will be needing a writen valuation on my property so to release equity to my iva who pays for this and do i arrange this .

winter_blues

Post by winter_blues » Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:44 am
Hello, try your local estate agents, although in many places they are catching on in situations like ours where we have no intention of moving and some charge for this service now. But you can at least try and tell them the valuation is to be on a "3 month to sell" or "forced sale" basis in that the valuation should come out lower. I told mine that I was separating form my partner and that worked fine.

Failing that - speak with your I.P and the valuation costs should be covered by the agreement and not something you should be expected to meet yourself. Good luck and let us know how you get on.
Winter-Blues

Broke of London

Post by Broke of London » Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:01 am
Good advice from Winter Blues. You shouldn't have to pay for the valuation. x

orchid5

Post by orchid5 » Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:19 pm
Hi Jos, i would try Zoopla and other online valuations that are free and as winter blues does say you shouldn't have to pay for a valuation, i was in the same boat last year and got a valuation from Zoopla as well as details of a house in my street that was also up for sale which i sent in, faling that speak to your IP to get advice. Good luck. x
Om shanti, namesté, good luck to all who are embarking on the IVA journey, it isn't always an easy one but the outcome is the best.

IVA COMPLETED August 2012, received Completion certificate 18.4.13.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:19 pm
You really need to see what your IP will accept. Rightmove is a good online source for houses for sale near you, but remember, what they ask for isn't always what they sell for (which is the true value). Down here they are still selling for 10 - 20% less than the asking prices.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Shining

Post by Shining » Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:44 pm
I've just done the valuation thing. A lovely guy came out and emailed me a valuation which I forwarded to my IP. A variation meeting was called and the property is now excluded in my case.

Valuation didn't cost a penny x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

jos

Post by jos » Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:24 pm
thanks for the reply interesting to here from orchids5 that you sent in aa on line valuation from Zoopla so i take it IP will except an on line valuation ?

Niobe

Post by Niobe » Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:38 pm
Some IP's will but not all.

Speak to yours to see exactly what they want.

orchid5

Post by orchid5 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:52 pm
It does depend on who is your IP, i'm with DFD and when i phoned them up to tell them a written valuation from my local estate agent would cost £100 i was told not to worry and that they would sort that out but if i could send in any evidence ie houses nearby for sale that were similar to mine, online valuations etc this would also be helpful and i do remember that Melanie did reply saying that the funds for a valuation should ccme out of the IVA pot, so don't worry there is a solution. Something else that i also did was whilst searching i found a website for the trends in houseprices in and around my borough so i sent that with all the other document, i think the first port of call is to your IP and what is acceptable to them. Good luck. x
Om shanti, namesté, good luck to all who are embarking on the IVA journey, it isn't always an easy one but the outcome is the best.

IVA COMPLETED August 2012, received Completion certificate 18.4.13.

mole

Post by mole » Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:13 pm
I think it also depends on the amount of equity you have. If you are in deep negative equity and the valuation (give or take £5-£10k) will make no difference to the decision on equity release then I think the online valuations are more than acceptable.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:56 pm
I would not accept a Zoopla valuation as I find them pretty inaccurate. If you cannot get a local estate agent to do one free of charge, your IP should pay for this out of the IVA funds.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

footiemad

Post by footiemad » Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:39 am
Out of curiosity I just tried Zoopla. There was a difference of £50k between the lower and upper valuation and from our Estate Agent valuation 1 year ago there is only a £5k (Zoopla highest £390k v Estate Agent lowest £385K). To be honest I didn't imagine Zoopla would be so close, however I don't think I would be happy to submit their estimate to my Ip and when the time comes I will go back to the Estate Agent and tell another porky x

Rich

Post by Rich » Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:00 am
Hi Jos

When I needed a written valuation, I just approached two local estate agents. They did not charge a fee, I know some do. I just said I was thinking about marketing my property and they were happy to come round, best wishes Rich
"Always remember that the future comes one day at a time."
IVA completed . Just started a blog, if you get chance please take a look.
http://rich.blogs.iva.co.uk/
13 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”