what do i need to do to file for an iva ?

6 posts Page 1 of 1

mark m

Post by mark m » Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:45 am
i want to file for an iva. i am about 20000 in debt credit cards and a loan. i have just gotten to far in and see no way out, what do i need to do?

orchid5

Post by orchid5 » Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:48 am
welcome, mark you have takent the first step to being debt free, i would look at the IVA guides and read them throughly, Melanie on here is very supportive so maybe send her an email and see if an IVA is what could be your answer.

Good luck and take care.
Om shanti, namesté, good luck to all who are embarking on the IVA journey, it isn't always an easy one but the outcome is the best.

IVA COMPLETED August 2012, received Completion certificate 18.4.13.

size5

Industry Expert

Post by size5 » Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:04 am
Please visit www.iva.com and have a look round at all the reviews etc. Take time to speak to 2 or 3 providers to get a balanced view and then take it from there, but as orchid says, taking the first step and admitting the problem is a step in the right direction straight away.

Regards.
Cert DR
23+ years in debt advice
I do not post for anyone other than myself

Follow my tweets at http://twitter.com/debtmastersize5

Meash

Post by Meash » Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:05 am
You have taken the best step that you have taken in a long time. Acknowledging the problem and taking action. It can be a stressful process but worth every bit of effort, knowing that in a fixed time you will be debt free. I too would suggest Melanie. I am not with her, as I found this site too late but I see all the posts recommending her services.

Viki.W

Post by Viki.W » Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:09 am
Hey Mark, welcome to the forum. This is the first step so well done for that. You really need to sit down and list ALL of your income and expenditure. If you really see no way of repaying your debts then contact an Insolvency Practitioner who will go over ALL of your options as an IVA is only one of them. I'm with Melanie Giles who posts on here so I can highly recommend her and her team. Good luck and keep posting and asking questions. X
If you would like to talk to me about your debt problems, please visit:
http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:12 pm
Hi there

It is important to remember that an IVA is just one option available to you and that there will be others. An insolvency practitioner will be able to take you through each option so that you can understand the advantages, disadvantages and implications of each option - in order to make a reasoned choice for your future.

As others have said you have made the first step - the next may be just a few keystrokes away from you.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “postings for august”