What banks will take me

31 posts Page 1 of 3

laleanne1

Post by laleanne1 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:42 am
I'am trying to open another basic account but Natwest have given me no joy i have now tried co-operative who have declinced me, who will take me everyone keeps telling me i'm Bankrupt but i'm not....i really want to get rid of hsbc.[V]

l morris
laleanne1

laleanne1

Post by laleanne1 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:43 am
I forgot to add all these banks do credit checks for even a basic bank account

l morris
laleanne1

freelili

Post by freelili » Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:19 pm
Hi Leanne

I cant say I blame you with HSBC. I know there is account called the Gregory Pennington which is used by neverending. I also think that Barclays and Naitonwide do accept undischarged bankrupts (I know you are not) The co-op also offer a cash minder account to BR's so I am very suprised they declined. Greg pennington will I am sure.

I hope this helps, hang in there
Good luck

LILY

I asked God for a solution and have to live with his reply.
LILY

http://freelili.blogs.iva.co.uk

I asked God for an answer, I have to live with his reply.
Exsisto an angelus quod planto quispiam sentio melior.

freelili

Post by freelili » Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:25 pm
leanne
Here is the number for the greg pen account

You have neverending to thank ans not me, I just copied and pasted form one of his posts

LILY

I asked God for a solution and have to live with his reply.
LILY

http://freelili.blogs.iva.co.uk

I asked God for an answer, I have to live with his reply.
Exsisto an angelus quod planto quispiam sentio melior.

laleanne1

Post by laleanne1 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 3:50 pm
I tried thoese people earlier adn was told someone would call me back at 1pm its now 3:5pm. I have been given an adviser number but he's always on the phone.....this is not sounding good already.[V]

l morris
laleanne1

claire

Post by claire » Wed Mar 07, 2007 3:56 pm
HI Leanne, the greg pen account is with the Royal bank of scotland and they dont credit score your account.

Ive recently opened an account with them because i am proposing an iva with Freeman Jones a subsiduary of Greg Pen.

At the min its a cashcard only account but they are changing it shortly to incorporate a switch debit card. There are monthly management fees involved with this account that have just increased from £8/m to £12.50/m and the account is split into 2 one where your direct debits come out of or bills account as they call it and a cash card account which is where your surplus money is kept. You have to advise them on how much each dd is so they keep back enough funds to cover them all and if one increases you have to tell them.

You also get text messages to tell you when a credit has gone into the account and tells you your balance.

Hope that helps

Claire

aguise

Post by aguise » Wed Mar 07, 2007 3:58 pm
Laleanne

That is the right no I am with them, give them a ring back any more prob let me know I can give you another no. I am positive GP will accept you
Ang
Please visit my blog at http://aguise.blogs.iva.co.uk/

laleanne1

Post by laleanne1 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:16 pm
Hi all

well i spoke to them and i'm not sure about it, there is no online banking and i can only check my balance at a cash machine or via text. This is the two major things that have put my mind in doubt, i want to access my account details whenever i want and i also need to have the facilty to xfer money over to my partners account, and as this figures changes every month i dont have a standing order set up for it but just request to make payment on line, Also i dont always pay the phone bill, me and my partner take it in turns and this is all done over the telephone....

I'm jsut not sure

l morris
laleanne1

aguise

Post by aguise » Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:34 pm
Have you asked them if you cannot just transfer the money by ringing them. It is a really good ac as all you have in your b ac is yours and you know what you have. I have not found getting balances a problem as you can just ring and they will tell you I think you can also access it over the phone. The debit card comes out next month and internet banking later in the year.

Ang
Please visit my blog at http://aguise.blogs.iva.co.uk/

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:00 pm
I am keeping them as a last resort. I was quite keen until I spoke to Mr Pushy yesterday (see earlier post) - he spoke to me as though I obviously hadn't thought things through. He also kept referring to my IVA being rejected, even though I told him each time that it had failed. He also kept asking me what credit I have (again I explained about the IVA) and was I still using it. All I wanted was info about the account, not the third degree. You've obviously all spoken to nicer people!

Onwards and upwards!!!
View my blog at: http://skippy13.blogs.iva.co.uk/

baldyjabg

Post by baldyjabg » Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:20 pm
try nationwide they do a good basic bank account and there is no charge

kezza

Post by kezza » Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:38 pm
Laleanne

Is there any way you can get intouch with the credit reference agency and find out why you are listed as bankrupt if you are not? If you can get the information changed it may be easier to get an account opened, I don't think the Abbey do credit scoring, take 2 forms of ID and they do it right there and then.
THE ONLY WAY IS UP :-)

i_a

Post by i_a » Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:41 pm
I would definately go with Nationwide. I had no problems at all.

I get Internet Banking and a cashcard. No debit card or cheque book but that's not too much of a problem.

das

Post by das » Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:32 pm
I am in the process of going bankruptcy, and have been looking at different banks today to see who would offer me an account once I am bankrupt.

Nationwide told me that they would offer me a basic bank cash card a/c. They said that I would need to go into my local branch to apply for it, as all telephone applications are credit scored, but they can get around that in the branch for basic accounts.

The Abbey also said that they would offer an account, theirs would be a savings account to allow for wages to be paid in and transfers to be done but direct debits and standing orders would not be allowed. They said that once the bankruptcy was discharged I could upgrade it to a basic account.

laleanne1

Post by laleanne1 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:50 am
I know what you mean Skippy,
the man i spoke to kept calling me babe or by my first name which i hate as i dont know them personally. What i'm not sure about is why i have to pay for some-one to manage my account when i have never gone overdrawn, i managed my account fine it was just all the bill repayments i didnt manage.

Another issue i have is when my wage goes into my account at 10:30 am the rest of my money will be xfered to another which i can access but as i work shifts does that mean if i need to take money out @7:30am i cant. And what happens when the amount changes each month, e.g my phone bill is always different, my water is paid monthly so is never the same amount and you cant talk to anyone face to face its all done over the phone?

I think i will do the same and keep them as a last resort[?]

l morris
laleanne1
31 posts Page 1 of 3
Return to “the hot hot IVA topics in 2007, 20 replies plus”