claim what is yours

30 posts Page 2 of 2

lost

Post by lost » Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:20 pm
hi my union at work has sent emails to everyone telling them to claim it as after the 31st of jan you wont be able too

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:06 pm
But don't forget that if you are in an IVA, you will probably have to pay any money from a successful claim across to that.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

plasticdaft

Forum Expert

Post by plasticdaft » Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:09 pm
Hahhaha this has to be the 1st time ever I havent wanted to be eligible for a handout.

Just phoned the tax office and I already got mine in my pay back in 2002/03.

Nothing extra for you today Mr IP!!!!
Discharged today the 8th feb 2012. View is much brighter now.
Continuing to rebuild our credit worthiness.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:18 pm
I haven't a clue if I am eligible or not, and I'm not even going to bother to find out.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

lost

Post by lost » Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:21 pm
you wont have to pay it all across if you need an item at home etc like a new washer or anything i am sure the ip will let you do this and i am sure you can think of something you need

plasticdaft

Forum Expert

Post by plasticdaft » Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:33 pm
lost wrote:

you wont have to pay it all across if you need an item at home etc like a new washer or anything i am sure the ip will let you do this and i am sure you can think of something you need
42" plasma telly needed here and NOW!!!

lost

Post by lost » Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:36 pm
haha nice 1 but it is needed tell them you hate watching the football on a small 32 inch it gives you migrane [:D]

plasticdaft

Forum Expert

Post by plasticdaft » Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:46 pm
haha yup thats the excuse I use with the wife when she insists I watch footie upstairs on the 19 inch lcd doodah telly. I cant see the ball on that small a screen,it works everytime!!

ps dont tell the wife!

lost

Post by lost » Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:54 pm
haha mrs plastic will read it!!!!wow you have got to laugh i am upto my eyes in it and the house may go but you have to laugh life goes on everything is sent to try us[8D]

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:57 pm
Dave is trying to convince me that we need at least a 50" TV, possibly bigger! We've already got a 42", but apparently it isn't big enough, even though to get to the wires behind it we have to open the patio doors and reach in from the garden!

plasticdaft

Forum Expert

Post by plasticdaft » Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:04 pm
lost wrote:

haha mrs plastic will read it!!!!wow you have got to laugh i am upto my eyes in it and the house may go but you have to laugh life goes on everything is sent to try us[8D]
Life without laughter would be absolutely pointless. Regardless of whatever situation you find yourself in(and I have found myself in a few dodgy situations),if you cant have a good belly laugh its game over!!

Oh and Skippy,when Dave gets his way and buys the 50" remember your pals on here when your selling the small 42".(as long as you dont require a credit check for skippy HP)

fifilebonbon

Post by fifilebonbon » Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:42 pm
Hey thanks Creditcrunched. Have found the site and downloaded the forms and managed to find my old P60 from 2002/3 when I last worked - my filing system must work!![:D] Anyway it looks like I could be eligible since my tax code indicates that I am - so fingers crossed there's a cheque in the post for me too!! Especially as I have just had to fork out for a new washing machine this month as the old one decided to give up the ghost on me. Now the question is....we are in the middle of our IVA application, just finalising the proposal, so if we get the money before we are in an IVA will be able to keep it and have it as a little contingency fund?!?!?!? Or will it get taken by the creditors at the IVA approval (being ever so positive!) stage....Well you have to ask! Thanks again - CC - you're a star! [;)] Fi x
Still gathering info....but hope to be on the right path pronto!!

fifilebonbon

Post by fifilebonbon » Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:50 pm
Hey there - me again. Just been doing a bit more reading and it would appear that if you contact HMRC direct you can get the full amount owing to you and that company (whose name I presume I cant mention) are just making money out of filling a form in that you could deal with yourself. So I am now going to phone HMRC direct tomorrow and see what I can find out! Will let you know![}:)]
Still gathering info....but hope to be on the right path pronto!!

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:59 pm
I think fifi, that even if you are entitled, you possibly wouldn't get it before your meeting, and so would need to hand it over!

Even though we could do with a new plasma TV - I shan't be bothering.
Bob Marley.

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:05 pm
Dave won't be getting his way Plasticdaft, we don't have the room for the 42" really, let alone anything any bigger!

BTW in case you think I've done a bit too well going BR Dave hasn't been involved in my IVA or BR!
30 posts Page 2 of 2
Return to “money saving tips”