Rude People

33 posts Page 2 of 3

Blair Endersby

Post by Blair Endersby » Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:13 am
Ray

As stated above if you contact me directly I will deal with the query and also any issues arising out of the call. If a member of staff is rude I need details so that can be looked into and any improvements made.
Last edited by Blair Endersby on Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rollercoasterride

Post by rollercoasterride » Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:13 pm
LOL!!!! [:D][:D]Is that last post from BE a freudian slip 2nd line down!!!! Is that their way of describing their employees!!!??? Gave me a great laugh for the day!!

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:21 pm
I'd looked at the post before, but never noticed that!

It's really made me chuckle![:D][:D][:D]
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Viki.W

Post by Viki.W » Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:22 pm
Hee Hee, me too. [:D]
If you would like to talk to me about your debt problems, please visit:
http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp

rayb

Post by rayb » Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:40 pm
Just saw it myself lol...[:D][:D][:D]

Blair Endersby

Post by Blair Endersby » Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:49 pm
thanks all, duly amended but Ray still contact me so i can investigate.

chris.g

Post by chris.g » Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:55 pm
Oh I missed it.....too slow to catch cold me!! [:D]
It's nice to be back......

TheMatrix

Post by TheMatrix » Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:18 pm
If it were me being spoken to in such a way, I'd hang up and call back and ask to speak to the organ grinder.
We're willing to wipe the slate clean, give you a fresh start. All that we're asking in return is your cooperation.

lighton

Post by lighton » Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:24 pm
I missed that one what did it say?

Viki.W

Post by Viki.W » Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:17 pm
They missed the "i" out of arising! Little things do make me laugh![:I]
If you would like to talk to me about your debt problems, please visit:
http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp

bluey875

Post by bluey875 » Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:53 pm
No disrespect to ray,but i have worked in a call centre and have been at the sharp end of some seriously rude customers,and sometimes you build up a 'defence' to it.i managed to stay happy and fresh but some of my so called colleagues 'defence' was to be instantly offensive to callers.seeing as all calls are recorded and reviewed for quality it can only be a matter of time before the culprits are reprimanded.we had weekly quality audits where a number of calls both in and out bound were picked at random and assesed and our payrises were dependant on a good outcome.
i have been told to go forth and multiply, told to 'shut up little boy' (i'm nearly 40) ,told to 'go and get a grown up' when they didnt hear what they wanted to .sometimes its hard to remain polite knowing that the next call could be a rude person and i'm sorry that ray has been at the brunt of a less than professional person,but sometimes its not you but the person who called before.
i'm not skint,i'm financially challenged

chris.g

Post by chris.g » Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:12 pm
I've also worked in a call centre, in a financial environment to boot. Yes, customers can be rude and insulting, but they are not being paid to represent the company, the advisor is. It is up to the individual advisor to remain professional AT ALL TIMES, regardless of the customer's attitude. A good advisor should be able to calm an irate caller providing they have the skills to do it! This is where training, monitoring and filtering comes into play. There are a lot of people who work in call centres who are not suited to the job, I have seen this all too many times, I used to be a trainer at the call centre I worked at and believe me, if it's not in you, no-one can make you a good advisor.
I also have been called all kinds of names and insulted to the point of breaking, but at the end of the line is someone who is usually very upset and is calling for help and advice, these call handlers should remember that and do their jobs effectively and politely......
It's nice to be back......

angela18

Post by angela18 » Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:17 pm
I work in a call centre and I try my best to be potite and understanding.. only thing that gets my goat is when customers become personal... I got called a thick geordie t**t who wanted to learn how to talk properly once!! and another accountant once said I don't know what accent it is you have but its hard to understand as I'm from London.. I just thought are theres a shame!!
Ang.. 13 payments in.. WOW, thats over 20% paid!! http://angela18.blogs.iva.co.uk/ well here we go

if you wish for a rainbow... then you have to put up with the rain xx

bluey875

Post by bluey875 » Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:29 pm
i wholeheartedly agree chris,
i've worked with people who couldnt even be civil to collegues let alone customers,and they shouldnt be allowed to continue in the indusrty but they do. i dont believe that the customer is entirely innocent either, i had one call which i answered,i gave the corporate greeting and was bombarded with a torrent abuse starting with " you f****** retarded f**** wit" .Turns out it wasn't even our fault,but did i get an apology? like b*****y did i.now if i had been rude it would have been another matter.
our policy was 3 strikes and hang up,basically you gave the caller 3 chances to calm down and or be polite and if they refused you hung up.it seemed to work most of the time,but if people in general were polite and respectful it wouldnt be that way.
i admit some times i get a bit 'aerated' but i have usually been pushed to my limits and i have usually asked to speak to the manager before going off into one,but i don't swear and rarely raise my voice, but i like to make them think i could and that seems to work.
i'm not skint,i'm financially challenged

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:29 pm
I know I go on about the bullies in the call centres, but I know there are decent people out there on the other end of the phone and I also know that they have to put up with abuse which they shouldn't have to.

I am always polite when phoning people, or when call centres phone me unless they upset me with their attitude (usually the creditors), then I will let fly.

Angela, I apologise if any of my comments about call centre staff in the past have offended you - it wasn't personal! I do tend to rant on about them![:)]
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk
33 posts Page 2 of 3
Return to “postings for july”