creditors meeting on 3/05/2012

66 posts Page 3 of 5

michael.d

Post by michael.d » Wed May 02, 2012 12:27 pm
was advised to go into a dmp with the same monthly payments as i would have if my iva would of been accepted then in 6 months apply again for a iva not got much choice really ;-(

Kelly O

Post by Kelly O » Wed May 02, 2012 12:29 pm
Hi Michael i understand you must be disappointed with todays outcome but there is not harm in speaking with some other companies to see if they will propose another IVA for you rather than waiting another 6months
Regards Kelly Osadare Debt Advice Manager at www.pjgrecovery.com (host to www.melaniegiles.com.)

PJG Recovery have a free online advice channel at www.debtadvicetv.com. If you are ready to ask us for specific advice or help, then get in touch at www.pjgrecovery.com/contact-us.asp . I look forward to speaking to you.

kazzafunk

Post by kazzafunk » Wed May 02, 2012 12:34 pm
Hi Michael - sorry to hear that. Keep going though. You'll get an IVA accepted soon, we were with McCambridge Duffy and they couldn't have been more helpful. Why don't you contact them (there's Mike Peoples who posts on here, or contact Kelly or Mel Giles as they have a fantastic record also).

By the time you have a proposal and meeting through them you'll nearly be at the 6 month stage. If you can show that you are conquering your problems I'm sure they'll swing it for you.

Do you go for counselling or group therapy for your problem? This may support you further.

The main thing is - don't give up. The creditors have given you hope, they haven't said no forever.
Kazza

Please visit my blog:
http://kazzafunk.blogs.iva.co.uk/

IVA completed 21/03/2012

footiemad

Post by footiemad » Wed May 02, 2012 12:36 pm
Yes Michael, you do have a choice. As the others have said , speak to another 1/2 companies. You have nothing to lose by doing this and you may well have a lot to gain ie peace of mind. Please don't give up and just settle for the first option. We are always around on here for you to sound off x

michael.d

Post by michael.d » Wed May 02, 2012 12:39 pm
just a quick question why would the creditors change their mind if they said they wanted 6 months since i last gambled ?

Kelly O

Post by Kelly O » Wed May 02, 2012 12:47 pm
It is down to how the IVA proposal is written, if your proposal said your debts were due to gambling obviously this brings the gambling to the creditors fore most attention rather than focusing on the other reasons for the debts.

We have had IVA proposals accepted recently for clients who have previously gambled.
Regards Kelly Osadare Debt Advice Manager at www.pjgrecovery.com (host to www.melaniegiles.com.)

PJG Recovery have a free online advice channel at www.debtadvicetv.com. If you are ready to ask us for specific advice or help, then get in touch at www.pjgrecovery.com/contact-us.asp . I look forward to speaking to you.

michael.d

Post by michael.d » Wed May 02, 2012 1:50 pm
Well thanks for all the advice I think I might speak to a few other ip as I think that starting a dmp for 6 months then going for a iva again is a bit strange because my situation is not going to change and I have got over my problem of gambling just worried if I apply for another iva it will get rejected again on the same grounds as the first . ;-(

kazzafunk

Post by kazzafunk » Wed May 02, 2012 1:53 pm
michael - I think it may be a good idea to contact Mel or kelly by email to discuss further. It's a very personal and emotional rollercoaster and as I said before, by the time another proposal is prepared and submitted you will almost be at the 6 month stage.

If you go to the ask the experts a question section of this website you'll find their details.

I wish you all the luck in the world and if anyone can get an IVA approved, it's mel and her crew!
Kazza

Please visit my blog:

IVA completed 21/03/2012

Shining

Post by Shining » Wed May 02, 2012 2:32 pm
As others have said you do have a choice, you've stopped gambling and by demonstrating this for a further few months the creditors may look on this favourably as that is what they have requested and you will have obliged. Talk to them others and make Melanie one of them, once you speak to Tina or another member of Mel's team they'll certainly make you feel better I know they did me when I started out on my journey.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Wed May 02, 2012 4:54 pm
I can only agree with the advice above. Have a word with a couple of other companies and be guided by the advice.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

michael.d

Post by michael.d » Wed May 02, 2012 7:41 pm
Well after listening to all the great advice on here I am going to give it another go for a iva . And I am good hands to get through this it's not as if I don't want to pay the money back ;-(

Shining

Post by Shining » Wed May 02, 2012 8:10 pm
Let us know how you get on Michael. x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Thu May 03, 2012 12:30 am
We'll try our best for you Michael, but at the end of the day you have nothing to lose by giving it another go. People who have suffered from gambling issues are often there because their creditors are putting them under so much pressure they try all avenues to deal with the problems - and this needs to be understood fully before putting pen to paper in writing the proposals.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

kazzafunk

Post by kazzafunk » Thu May 03, 2012 1:13 am
I hope he does contact you Mel. I think it's sad when someone is trying to address their problems and get knocked back.
Kazza

Please visit my blog:

IVA completed 21/03/2012

Shining

Post by Shining » Thu May 03, 2012 1:04 pm
You feeling ok today Michael? Do give Melanie a ring, honest she's so nice approachable and non-judgemental, all her staff are to be honest.
66 posts Page 3 of 5
Return to “IVA approved!”