bad week

15 posts Page 1 of 1

BlueShoes

Post by BlueShoes » Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:04 pm
Our drunk neighbour drove into my car, has denied he was anywhere near despite there being several witnesses, and the police are now looking at prosecuting him. In the meantime, I am having to pay £275 excess (glass and repairs)to sort out my car!

And on a lighter note, my seven year old has managed to vomit in our bed, all over the bedroom carpet, the kitchen, the landing and all over the bathroom......all in the space of an hour!

The joys of motherhood! (and thanking God for the wonders of Febreze!)

Blue
Last edited by BlueShoes on Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:07 pm
If there is a problem with paying the excess, contact your IP who may be able to allow this to be deducted from your next payment.

Don't envy you the joys of motherhood one bit!!!
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:08 pm
Ooooh BlueShoes, what a bad time you are having![:(]

Lets hope the police throw the book at him - he needs locking up and the key throwing away.

Perhaps you can get back your excess through his insurance? After all, it wasn't your fault.

Sorry about the vomit as well!!!!!!!!!!!! Aren't kids wonderful?

Hope he/she is ok now?
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

chris.g

Post by chris.g » Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:11 pm
Oh Blue, what a time you're having! It's not fair is it? Have the police said whether the other driver is insured? On our local radio(north east) there are always adverts for solicitors who deal with these kinds of cases. It may be worth your while to research it a bit and see if you have a case...they sort it out so you don't have to pay an excess.....
As for the vomit, nothing I can suggest, nothing gets rid of the smell, only time....argh, nothing worse. My 7 year old vomited all over the landing a few weeks ago and the smells only just gone properly.
It's nice to be back......

Viki.W

Post by Viki.W » Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:16 pm
Oh Blue, sorry about your car, what an idiot, he'll get what's coming! I hope your little one is feeling better soon. X
If you would like to talk to me about your debt problems, please visit:
http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp

moretolife

Post by moretolife » Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:31 pm
the wonders of febreeze...we use it all the time for kids....dribbles .... poo...puke and worse.!!!

hope you get the car business sorted asap....
IVA completed 11th Dec 2009 due to a Full and Final with the fantastic help of Michael Peoples and
Mc Cambridge Duffy

Visit my blog...Journey from Debt to Life Post IVA
http://moretolife.blogs.iva.co.uk

chris.g

Post by chris.g » Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:37 pm
Fabreze doesn't work on my kids barf...mind you, sometimes my kids head spin and they vomit green slime....[}:)][:D]
Bicarbonate of Soda is pretty good, dissolve some and spray it on, then when the patch is dry, sprinkle it on and vacuum. Still say that time is the best thing...[:(]
It's nice to be back......

Viki.W

Post by Viki.W » Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:06 am
[xx(] Ugh! I've got to stop clicking on this thread!
If you would like to talk to me about your debt problems, please visit:
http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp

chardonnay

Post by chardonnay » Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:23 am
Oh Blueshoes,
What a week you're having. I hope you get the car sorted - a similar thing happened to me in 2006 - a drunk wiped out the whole driver's side - the guy got out, swore and drove off. The police couldn't do anything, even though there were witnesse, as the number palte didn't belong to the car it was on and they couldn't find the culprit!!
I hope your little one is better, glad febreze works for you...
Hugs,
Chardonnay
Chardonnay

angelrainbow

Post by angelrainbow » Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:53 pm
Oh no! I hate weeks like that. The excess seems a lot, could you shop around and get a better deal when you renew? I think my glass excess is £50 and accidental damage £150.

Aren't children lovely - the joys of motherhood indeed. My toddler has got hold of a Biro and scribbled all over the gloss paint work (which was painted about a month ago) and I have no idea how to get it out!
Completion Certificate received September 2012.

size5

Industry Expert

Post by size5 » Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:31 pm
Something similar happened to me ages ago, with regards to an uninsured driver. If you ARE ever unfortunate to have a run in with this sort of joker, or even an untraced driver then you may find this organisation of use to you.

www.mib.org.uk

It is the motor insurance bureau and a handy point of reference if you need it.

Regards.
Cert DR
23+ years in debt advice
I do not post for anyone other than myself

Follow my tweets at http://twitter.com/debtmastersize5

bluey875

Post by bluey875 » Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:45 pm
You could try speaking to HIS insurer as a lot of the time they will be willing to sort out the repairs themselves as it saves them money and it saves you having to pay the excess( which is all claimed back from them at the end of the day).They usually provide a courtesy car even if you dont have one on your own policy.And it means that you dont lose you no claims discount.
when you call as to speak to the third party care dept.that should get you throught to the right people.
hth
andy
i'm not skint,i'm financially challenged

BlueShoes

Post by BlueShoes » Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:39 pm
Thanks for all your kind words.
Hubby and I watched this man park his car (badly) at 1am this morning, and then stagger to his door. The ludicrous part about it is he frequents a pub 3 minutes walk away!

As for the vomit; 7-year old ok, but kindly shared her "bug" with the nine year old!

Just the six year old to get it now!

Ho hum!

Blue

Soulgrowth

Post by Soulgrowth » Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:09 pm
Poor you Blue ... thinking of you.

Debbie
Debbie

emma_t

Post by emma_t » Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:14 pm
Hope you get the car sorted out ok, what an irresponsible 'man' he is[:(]

All I can say is I am glad I am not a mother after reading all of that[:D][V][:D]
I have a vomit phobia and get in a right state if I think I am going to be sick as always feel like I am choaking[:(][:o)][:I]
Be positive & look after yourself, there are more important things in life than debts....

Best Wishes

Emma x
15 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “postings for august”