confidentiality

15 posts Page 1 of 1

moretolife

Post by moretolife » Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:59 pm
just wondered....if someone posts something on forum ..... how confidential is it???or if something was asked at a frugal friends meeting etc

eg...as there are both individual IPs here and also some IP firms....if someone says they were mis handling IVA...or got credit...or whatever...

i know we all use "names"..but some use their real names and i know some have given their emails out to admin etc..it wouldnt be too hard to find out who was who i guess....

just curious
IVA completed 11th Dec 2009 due to a Full and Final with the fantastic help of Michael Peoples and
Mc Cambridge Duffy

Visit my blog...Journey from Debt to Life Post IVA
http://moretolife.blogs.iva.co.uk

chris.g

Post by chris.g » Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:18 pm
Well that depends on how vague you make it I suppose.... I'm assuming that as the ip's on here would probaly know the identity of their clients it's probably not too confidential.....
What I would suggest is if anyone had an issue with their IVA is to contact their ip regarding it. After all, that's what they are getting their fees for.....
It's nice to be back......

zoe

Post by zoe » Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:09 pm
I do know from experience that Northern Rock and their agents do monitor this forum as they directly quoted me on something here when i was proposing an IVA.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:14 pm
Common sense prevails. If you feel that something is best discussed directly with your IP as it is personal to you, then use usual routes of communication. If the issue is a general query, then it is ideal to use the forum as lots of other people will benefit from the replies.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

chris.g

Post by chris.g » Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:16 pm
Zoe, was it you that they quoted???

zoe

Post by zoe » Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:19 pm
Yes, they asked for an explanation of what caused my debt and then proceeded to quote a topic i had made on the forum.

chris.g

Post by chris.g » Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:23 pm
Cheek!!! I my wonder if my OR ever snoops......

cat 1

Post by cat 1 » Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:38 pm
How would people know it was you though? Or am I being particulary think today?

chris.g

Post by chris.g » Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:43 pm
I think Zoe used to have her full name on her profile, sorry Zoe if I'm wrong and they just guessed. It's unprofessional at best and down right dirty tactics in my opinion...

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:13 pm
I've taken my name off now, it used to be on. I don't think anyone could identify me from my forum name, or the Jan that I sign on the bottom. There are at least two Jan's on here!

I do think it's wrong that IP's and creditors 'snoop' on here. It should be for us all to discuss what we want about our debts without fear of anyone getting hold of it, and possibly using it against us.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Kazzy E

Post by Kazzy E » Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:52 pm
I think it has it's advantages as well as disadvantages. I posted on the forum the other day and my IP was there ready to come to my rescue. I didn't expect it, but did appreciate it. At the end of the day, there's not much my IP doesn't know about me now, your finances are a very personal thing and your IP companies get to know all about those so I really don't mind (mind you, in my opinion, I am lucky to have the best IP there is!!! [:D]) (Commission please!! lol) Kazzy x
There is light at the end of that dark tunnel. Promise.

Visit my blog at: http://kazzy.blogs.iva.co.uk/

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:58 pm
I think it's fine for them to post on here, I, for one, value their input and their information is free and invaluable.

It's the ones in the background that I don't know about that bother me.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Kazzy E

Post by Kazzy E » Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:00 pm
Yes that's true Kallis. I would be more worried about the creditors nosing in. Kazzy x
There is light at the end of that dark tunnel. Promise.

Visit my blog at: http://kazzy.blogs.iva.co.uk/

zoe

Post by zoe » Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:01 pm
Hi there
I never had my name on my profile!!!
they just put two and two together - however as Kazzy said there are advantages too!!!

Moneystinks

Post by Moneystinks » Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:48 pm
This is exactly why I made the conscious decision NOT to post when I knew my creditors meeting was due. I waited until the day before and it naturally came out somehow or other. I have also since been told that a few different creditors look onto see how they are perceived etc....but that said, this forum is a great source of help and support and without all the different people who all have slightly different problems it wouldn't be as good as it is. Therefore as Melanie and a few others have said - if it is personal to you then speak direct to your IP. If it is a bit more general then post away as your post and the replies may help somebody else.
XX
15 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “postings for august”