Thomas Charles

24 posts Page 2 of 2

Julie

Post by Julie » Fri May 02, 2008 8:25 am
That's interesting Lola stating no money can be taken until IVA approved - do you think everyone who paid TC before being passed to Accuma has a right to claim back funds - be interesting if the TC expert could reply to this?

greeneyes34

Post by greeneyes34 » Fri May 02, 2008 10:12 am
Hi
I am new to the forum and in the early stages of organising an IVA via Thomas Charles. I have just paid the first instalment of two to them and now I am thinking I should have gone a different route. don't get me wrong I can't fault their service so far, but having cancelled DD's and offered token payments etc I feel I am now too far down the road to change direction!
I suppose i am just hoping for some reassurance that I haven't done the wrong thing.
Help??!
Full and Final agreed 28th October 2010.

Julie

Post by Julie » Fri May 02, 2008 11:16 am
Hi greeneyes - I would certainly contact Melanie Giles if I were you. She'll give you the best advice.

Good luck

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Fri May 02, 2008 11:47 am
Hi
You will be fine,Thomas Charles have good feedback on this site and are totally transparent.
As you have paid money already I would stick with them
Regards
Andam Davies

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Fri May 02, 2008 12:20 pm
I actually typed a reply saying much the same as Andy, but it disappeared!

My advice to you is go with your instinct on this - you say you can't fault their service, so I would stick with them. I knew it didn't feel right, although I didn't admit it at the time. Just because things didn't work for me as I'd hoped, doesn't mean you won't have a successful IVA x

Lola

Post by Lola » Fri May 02, 2008 1:26 pm
Please don't worry. If there's one thing I've learned through researching IVAs and reading posts on this forum is that different IVAs (and different companies) work for different people.

We needed a local IP as husband is in Army and was flying out for a deployment on May 2, so we needed to be able to pop into the office and pick up paperwork for signatures etc.

As far as I was informed, and the experts should be able to help more, the bit about not charging for IVAs until they are approved is quite new as guidelines for TIX compliant IVAs have just changed.

So I wouldn't know where anyone stands on mis-selling etc.

But, just because my experience happened in one way doesn't mean that others are not just as beneficial - it just worked for us.

As long as you are debt free in five years, does it really matter if a few payments go to another company rather than a creditor? I don't think so.

animaleyes76

Post by animaleyes76 » Fri May 02, 2008 1:36 pm
Would have been nice if they had pointed out all the options to me though (even though I myself had ruled BR out), and that i could have gone through the process without paying them £800.. I'm gutted about it and it's not even as if the service was any good cos it was shocking.

Ho hum. :o(
Last edited by animaleyes76 on Fri May 02, 2008 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

greeneyes34

Post by greeneyes34 » Fri May 02, 2008 2:38 pm
Thanks for all the replies so far. I have to confess that I have lurked anonymously for while just reading posts and it has been reassuring to know that I'm not the only one that has got themselves into trouble, and even better to find out that there is a way out! Just can't wait till everything is signed and sealed but its early days yet.
Full and Final agreed 28th October 2010.

animaleyes76

Post by animaleyes76 » Fri May 02, 2008 4:02 pm
Hey Greeneyes.

This forum is great. Nobody judges, everyone tries to help. You are not alone lol. .God that sounds like some comment from a dodgy 60s sci-fi film lol.

Welcome anyway!! :o) and good luck
24 posts Page 2 of 2
Return to “postings for may”