Hello everyone

9 posts Page 1 of 1

Goffy

Post by Goffy » Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:41 pm
Hi everyone. I thought i would come over and introduce myself. Ive just begun the process of starting an IVA. I split with my husband and have £47k worth of debt, which i cant afford on my own with 3 kids, so this seems the only option to save us from losing our home. Im now awaiting a phone call on monday from an IP in the hope that i can go down the IVA route. I spoke with a lovely man at McCambridge Duffy and he thinks that i should be fine with £200 per month. Im very worried about the future, and worried i will be rejected for an IVA, but i am hoping i am worrying needlessly and have joined the forum to get some support and talk with other folk on the same journey. So hello everyone, i look forward to getting to know you [:)]

Shining

Post by Shining » Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:50 pm
Hi, Welcome to the forum. McD have a good reputation on the forum.

It's lovely you decided to post and starting on your journey to debt freedom there is no need to feel alone. Any time you want a chat, some advice and guidance or just a moan, remember we're here.

look forward to getting to know you too.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:51 pm
Welcome to the forum...you have come to the right place for support and best wishes. Our advice is always to speak to two or three IPs to gain a few options and opinions... www.iva.com is a good starting point -you will always feel more comfortable with one over another but it is wise to do so to ensure you are getting the best resolution for your debt issues.

Having been through an IVA I can honestly say it was the best thing that could have happened...we have learnt so much and have now managed to live life for two years after our IVA on our wages with no need for any credit other than a mortgage....it can be tough, and there will be times you wonder why and think you cannot manage but with the support of members of this forum we will get you through it.

Post whenever you like their is normally someone about night and day !
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

Goffy

Post by Goffy » Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:05 pm
Thank you for the replies. Everything is up in the air at the moment, and im a bit of a way off getting my IVA approved, so it will be worrying for a few weeks, but fingers crossed it will be accepted and i can lose those sleepless nights. Thank you for the welcome x

Shining

Post by Shining » Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:07 pm
It's always a worrying time I remember it well...you will get there though and with a good IP on your side your meeting should be fine. x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

Struzzo39

Post by Struzzo39 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:51 pm
Hi and welcome to the forum from us also. The forum's support is invaluable. Good luck with your new chapter in your life x
Steven & Debbie

Fletch2204

Post by Fletch2204 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:46 pm
A warm welcome from me too Goffy......... we were all in your shoes once and completely understand what you are going through..... the people in this forum are wonderful..... I was close to the edge when I first plucked up the courage to join and then post........ now I am back to being a confident person again... good luck and keep in touch.. Fletch
I'm Walking On Sunshine, Yeah-Yeah...........

Katrina And The Waves

Scabbydog1

Post by Scabbydog1 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:36 pm
Hi Goffy
Welcome I am 2 years in our IVA and its the best thing that ever happened to us. it was stressfull at first as it was all out of our control until it was all setup and moving.
we have learned so much about how to save money and how not to waste money more to the point,
Our debt was in the region of 90K but slowly we are getting to the half way point of our IVA, do some reading from lots of scources on the internet just type in IVA forum and you will find dozens of helpful advice and saving tips although after spending severl weeks trawling sites I ended up here and find I get all the help and advice I need

Good luck

MerlinL14

Post by MerlinL14 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:10 pm
Hi and welcome. McC D will make sure they put forward the best option (in your favour) to your creditors so that you have the highest chance of the IVA being accepted. A great choice of companies to go with.
Last Payment made 04/12/14. Completion Certificate 25/7/15. IVA company GT. No Issues
9 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “friends corner”