Once again, there'll be invitations
To another holiday dance;
I'll decorate the Christmas tree
With icicles, stars, and lights,
But I'll need a ton of eggnog
To get me through this night!

</center>

Good night all xxx
The best psychological health comes from admitting your faults and recognizing they're caused by someone else.
Wizzzard xxx

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:28 am
I get more 'bah humbug' each year!!!!!!

I like eggnog though!
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Struzzo39

Post by Struzzo39 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:14 am
Love it :) Already getting a tad excited myself
Steven & Debbie

Shining

Post by Shining » Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:30 pm
I don't mind a bit of Chrismtas, hard work but enjoy it for the little ones, no idea what I'll do when they're all grown up. I may have to grow up myself!
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

kazzafunk

Post by kazzafunk » Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:53 pm
Hate it! Used to love it but family probs and kids all grown up and just want to watch Dr Who! Me and sis have to fight to get singstar on!!!
Kazza

Please visit my blog:
http://kazzafunk.blogs.iva.co.uk/

IVA completed 21/03/2012

liverpig

Post by liverpig » Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:32 pm
Christmas, yipee. I love Christmas. Me and her-in-doors put a few quid a month into a local store Christmas club, it soon builds into a healthy amount for all the excesses of the season. As a loyal saver we also get a 1/2 leg of lamb, a chicken and bottle of wine free. This leaves enough cash to get the grand kids a half decent prezzie each. Going to have an extra Grandson this Christmas, this Friday to be precise [:)][:)] Induced birth so we know it will be Friday [;)]

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:38 pm
We have a small artifical tree, a few outside lights and most presents (courtesy of online surveys) are free. Hubby and I exchange a token bottle of something and kids and grandkids get what we can afford.

We don't buy anymore foodwise for Christmas than we do during the year. We're not bothered and my parents don't each much.

We spend more on booze!

Congratulations on the new arrival.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

ginger3232

Post by ginger3232 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:17 pm
OH come on guys - give yourselves a good kicking :-) - its only middle of September.!!!! and all this talk of Christmas

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:22 pm
ginger - I am with you totally! Christmas is not something I am not bothered about.
Bob Marley.

Wizzzard

Post by Wizzzard » Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:35 am

There will be no more mention of Christmas from this poster ... the humour and jollity that used to shine on this forum seems to have become somewhat dulled .... must be the recession.

Have a good day xxx

The best psychological health comes from admitting your faults and recognizing they're caused by someone else.
Wizzzard xxx

Shining

Post by Shining » Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:39 pm
Wizz you carry on talking about Christmas to me as much as you would like, I love it and I'm a big kid at heart. Keep the thread active if you want.

I wonder why sometimes if the title of the topic depicts its content and posters aren't interested in the subject i.e football or xmas and you're really not interested rather than hate it why not ignore it?? I agree we all like different things and debate is healthy, if something doesn't interest me or I don't find a joke funny, I just ignore that topic and move to the next.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

kazzafunk

Post by kazzafunk » Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:45 pm
No - carry on wizz!! I love to read what other people are going to do - being a nosy sort of person. Used to love it myself but this year is going to be a bit messy with people not talking to each other![:D]
Kazza

Please visit my blog:
http://kazzafunk.blogs.iva.co.uk/

IVA completed 21/03/2012

lem

Post by lem » Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:28 pm
Please carry on Wizz!!! I love xmas too, having 2 young kids helps but even before i had them, I love it all, the food, the decorations, I love seeing people light up their houses, I just think that life is so hard for many people now, not just those that are in an IVA, and very stressful that it's the one time of year when people should just laugh, smile, enjoy life and be happy, and it's all about sharing with family and friends! I can't wait!!!!

Struzzo39

Post by Struzzo39 » Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:45 am
Dont stop Wizz. We love christmas too. We're on countdown in this house and the kids are wanting to go and meet father christmas at a local shopping place this weekend when he arrives. And all the planning has begun , present list and buying ( what we can) Sorting the christmas day meal out as although we have the traditional fayre we make it into a jacobs join to reduce the costs between the family. Oooh it just gives me a really warm feeling inside . Love it
Steven & Debbie

Pandy

Post by Pandy » Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:25 am
Hubby and I love christmas to, although each christmas we find we are spending less and less, we only buy what we use anything that is left over after christmas we do not buy the following year, managed to sort the turkey out using the sunperks last weekend (preordered just collecting the vouchers now) got a few survey vouchers to help with the other stuff so it is only presents and we already have a few stocking fillers for the grandson, we also have the new grand daughter to look forward at the end of October so it is exciting times in the Pandy household at the moment.

Hubby and I get more excited than the children and I have a terrible time trying to convince hubby we cannot put decorations up in November just after bonfire night [:D][:D]
Last edited by Pandy on Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
If life is what you make it, I must have been in a strange mood when I made mine
15 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “friends corner”