Finders fees or introduction fees

4 posts Page 1 of 1

phill

Post by phill » Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:25 pm
I haven’t posted on here for a while but I just thought I would just try to pass on information I have learnt (the hard way unfortunately!
Loads of people rave about Thomas Charles on here so I decided to go through 'them' for my iva. However I’ve now found out that they are not actually going to do my iva but have passed on all my info to Wilson Phillips limited (part of the accuma group). Basically Thomas Charles 'prepared' my case although in my case this was practically done by myself. As All I can see that they have done is entered all the information that I gave them into a simple table and made some simple calculations. This email is not aimed at devaluing Thomas Charles as I have found them to be professional at all times. However I just wanted to let people know that they can save themselves the hassle of filling out 2 sets of forms and some cash by missing out these companies that are not actually going to carry out the iva for you.
Secondly on another issue when sending your letters of authority to your creditors which address do you send it to i.e. customers services, head office etc

go_4_broke

Post by go_4_broke » Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:32 am
Hi phill

I guess there's nothing wrong with having other companies carrying out prep work but it's the lack of transparency that doesn't help.

I'd be pretty annoyed if I thought I was talking to the organ grinder till I found out it was the monkey.

Also if they can't pass on a set of forms that IS unprofessional in my book.

I wonder if you save anything by going 'direct' tho, at the end of the day SOMEONE has to do the prep work (even if you do most of it for them).

-Best

'5 years sticking my head into the Lion's mouth of debt !'
Please view my blog at www.go4broke.blogs.iva.co.uk

'Vive la differentness'

thebear29uk

Post by thebear29uk » Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:42 pm
Hi Phill

All I would say in defence of Thomas Charles is that they deal with many IP's and discuss your case with more than one to find somebody willing to take on your case. All too often in this forum we have read of people signing up to non reputable IVA companies only to find themselves stuffed at a later date having paid a lot of non-refundable money over. At least Thomas Charles have a policy of refunding your money and compensating you £500 if the IVA is subsequently rejected. You don't see Synergi doing that. It was enough to convince me I was in good hands as I'm certain they wouldn't want to be paying out £500 every time an IVA that should never have been proposed in the first place gets rejected.

Regards

Dave
Regards

Dave

View my blog at www.thebear29uk.blogs.iva.co.uk/

neverending

Post by neverending » Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:05 pm
Hi
I must agree with Dave in that Thomas Charles are well woth contacting.They are not actual IPs but can point your proposal to the most suitable IP and their agreement to refund any money paid lus £500 if not accepted is superb.Any company that regulary posts on this site are totally transparent and bona fide
regards
Last edited by neverending on Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andy Davie
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “IVA postbag for march”