My lovely dog

17 posts Page 1 of 2

sps

Post by sps » Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:15 pm
Can't beleive I'm writing this but I know others on here have recently been through it. My lovely dog Charlie passed away suddenly last Thursday after being ill for only two days. He was only nine - though he still bounced around like a puppy and was never ill before, he only ever had to go to the vets for his yearly booster. We are all devastated we loved him so much and he was such a character. Everyone who passed the gate would take time to fuss him. I know there is nothing I can do but I'm not coping very well at all. I'm going to miss him so much
Sue

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:25 pm
Oh Sue, I'm so sorry to hear that. You get so attached to them don't you. I really don't know what to say to you, other than how sorry I am and that I know what you're going through - my mum had her dog from when I was 14 to when I was 31 and it was so hard when she died.

TREES57

Post by TREES57 » Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:43 pm
Hi Sue,just wanted to say sorry to hear of your sad news,and i'm thinking of you xxx
CAN'T BUY ME LOVE !!

chris.g

Post by chris.g » Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:54 pm
Sue, I'm so sorry to hear about Charlie. It's so very sad when our pets leave us, they are one of the family.
My best wishes,
xx
It's nice to be back......

Rachael24

Post by Rachael24 » Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:47 pm
Sorry for your loss...All the best to you
Recent college graduate with a debt negotiation concentration.

Shining

Post by Shining » Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:01 pm
So sorry to read this my thoughts are with you. Run Free little one x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

sjw

Post by sjw » Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:06 pm
im sorry to hear that i have a dog myself i couldnt imagine her not being here best wishes sue x

emma_t

Post by emma_t » Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:56 pm
What an awful time for you Sue, I am sure you are missing Charlie terribly. Animals become such a part of the family, it so hard when they are no longer with you.
Just wanted to add my best wishes to the above posts
Emma xx
Be positive & look after yourself, there are more important things in life than debts....

Best Wishes

Emma x

scaredkez

Post by scaredkez » Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:27 pm
really sorry to hear about charlie, don't know what i would do if i lost my pets at the mo, remember losing my dog, 5 yrs ago i was pregnant, just got in from a funeral and she was dragging herself across the floor, hubby had to take her to vet and they put her to sleep, remember having to tell the kids, it was so awful, i had had her for nearly 20 yrs, she was the runt of the litter not expected to last and she did, thoughts with you.
love kerri
Please view my blog at: http://scaredkez.blogs.iva.co.uk/

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:32 pm
Sue

I am so sorry to hear your news. I am so attached to my little dog, who is now 14 years old and the inevitable is probably just around the corner, but it is so hard to bear - especially as there are no outward reasons for their decline.

I know you will not want to rush into this, but I do recommend a puppy as soon as possible as they have a lovely habit of taking your mind off your loss.

Happy memories of a trusted and loyal friend, and we are all thinking of you in the office.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

sps

Post by sps » Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:37 pm
Thanks everyone for all your kind messages and support. It really has been a terrible few days.
I have been to see the vet today to see if they can try to explain what happened to take Charlie away from us so quickly. Although obviously nothing can be confirmed they seem to think he probably had a tumor on or near his heart and then a bleed in the lining of it. It has helped me a little as I was persecuting myself in case there was anything we could have done to save him. I would give anything to have him back.
Please give all your pets a hug from me, they really are very precious.
Sue

chris.g

Post by chris.g » Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:45 pm
Sue, I know how heartbroken you are at the minute but at least charlie didn't suffer. It's always hard I think because we don't always realise that our pets are not well, they are so good at hiding it. You have your memories of Charlie and hopefully you will soon feel able to find another pet to share your love,
take care, xx
It's nice to be back......

scared

Post by scared » Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:16 pm
I am so sorry for your loss, I have 4 dogs and work in a dog groomers and it is so sad to hear of our customers. You just dont know what to say

Robbiecat

Post by Robbiecat » Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:09 pm
I'm so sorry to read about Charlie. We'll light a candle for him.

barbara.worthington

Post by barbara.worthington » Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:20 pm
so sorry to hear of your loss sue!

no words can make it better i know but i just want you to know that my thoughts are with you and your family

barb x
17 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “pets corner”