getting my own place

9 posts Page 1 of 1

madzmummy

Post by madzmummy » Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:20 pm
Hi

I split up with my partner and am getting my own place in a few weeks. We have a joint IVA which started November 2007. I just want to know would i be able to get a land line, TV and broadband/ internet. I understand that this is more of the luxuries but I just want to know if it will be hard to get.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Nicky

animaleyes76

Post by animaleyes76 » Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:21 pm
Hi Madzmummy, welcome to the forum,

you should have no issues with any of the above. I got all of them whilst in my IVA :o)

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:53 pm
There may be a wider issue here of how you are going to fund the cost of two properties when presumably you were living together in one. Surely this is going to affect your ability to fund your IVA payments?
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

madzmummy

Post by madzmummy » Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:10 pm
As my ex partner is still living in the private rented accomodation i am waiting to move into a council property where i should receive help as we have a child together i receive the tax credits etc. Also the IVA payments will still be going from my bank account and my ex partner will be giving me what he can afford towards the IVA although he owes the most on the IVA i am paying for it until he can give me more.
Nicky

madzmummy

Post by madzmummy » Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:59 pm
another thing thats on my mind is that i am with someone else now and if he was to move in with me - would his earnings affect the joint IVA i have with my ex partner?
Nicky

plasticdaft

Forum Expert

Post by plasticdaft » Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:09 pm
Your new partner would be expected to pay a share of the household bills,but I dont believe they would be involved in your IVA in any other way.

Can joint IVA's be split??
Discharged today the 8th feb 2012. View is much brighter now.
Continuing to rebuild our credit worthiness.

madzmummy

Post by madzmummy » Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:46 am
thats ok then.

that is a very good question about can they be split - but unfortunately when we started the IVA we agreed that i would pay that and he would pay the rent and other household bills as the child care fees etc cam out of my bank account. He actually owes about 60% and i owe about 40% - but im paying majority as he wont try and find anywhere smaller to live so he is paying me £165 per month towards the £372 that has to be paid to the IVA. I have suggested he pays his part direct to the IVA but he didnt like that.

Has anyone got any further suggestions or advice?
Nicky

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:22 pm
He needs to pay a fair share based upon the proportion of his salary to yours.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

madzmummy

Post by madzmummy » Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:56 pm
I have tried to say that to him - but im too soft - im going to ring my IVA people next week and tell them about me getting my own place etc etc so hopefully they will have some suggestions for what i could do or say to him.
Nicky
9 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “postings for june”