Life After BR

9 posts Page 1 of 1

Dee

Post by Dee » Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:32 pm
Hi everyone

I'm not sure there is anyone on here who remembers me but I used this forum as a life line (& the BR forum) for best part of a year 2 years ago. I certainly recognise some names on here and had the pleasure of meeting some of you when you came to my neck of the woods.

I just wanted to post an update to thank all those on here who supported me and to give those going through the same thing some hope and reassurance.

I went BR May 2008 and was discharged May 2009 - I had approx 70k worth of debt but managed to keep my house due to neg equity. I can honestly say that 1 year on its just like a dream and I wouldn't even say its been a nightmare. We have recovered really well and although there are times when being able to apply for credit in emergencies would be helpful its amazing how resoursful you can be when you have to be.

Now for the update - my daughter has just successfully completed the second year of her degree, I have almost finished my foundation degree while working full time and will be graduating in December. I've also just received a promotion with a healthy payrise!

In my situation BR definately gave my family the opportunity to start again. I know everyone's situation is different but with the help and support of your families, friends and the forum members and experts you can find a way through.

I wish you all the very best of luck and lots of love on your BR journey.

If anyone has any questions about my experiences then by all means ask away - I'm not ashamed, on the contrary I'm proud of the way I confronted my problems and so should everyone on here x x x

debt attack

Post by debt attack » Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:39 pm
Hi Dee

What a lovely post.

Congrats and best of luck, glad things have turned out for the best for you,

Lots of luck for the future

DA x
Check out my blog;

http://debtattack.blogs.iva.co.uk

IVA Approved 4th March 2010
IVA Completed 4th March 2016
My Journey and aim is to get a tip-top credit score!! :D

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:51 pm
That is a brilliant post Dee and it is so lovely to hear from you having met you in Bradford a year or so ago.

I recall advising you at the time, and know that the main reason for you choosing bankruptcy was to ensure your daughter got as much support as possible through university. It was a decision not taken lightly, and it is an absolute delight to read your news this evening.

Posts like this serve to encourage everyone on the forum to look to the future with positive eyes - regardless of the route you all choose.

Keep in touch Dee - your words of wisdom are very welcome here and I am sure other posters will give you a big virtual welcome back hug.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:45 am
Excellent post Dee and nice to see you again.

Glad everything is working out ok for you.

The best of luck for your daughter and the remainder of her degree, and congratulations on completing yours.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Julie

Post by Julie » Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:57 am
Hi Dee, so lovely to hear from you and such a positive post.

You certainly chose the right route for you and thtas what it alls about isn't it?

Well done to you and your family xx

Shining

Post by Shining » Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:53 am
A very positive post and I wish you well with your future studies. x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

plasticdaft

Forum Expert

Post by plasticdaft » Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:00 am
Great post and well done you and your daughter for moving on.

Paul
Discharged today the 8th feb 2012. View is much brighter now.
Continuing to rebuild our credit worthiness.

Dee

Post by Dee » Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:31 pm
Thanks guys x

I needn't have worried about my daughter - I have rarely had to give her a penny, she works three jobs (shoe shop, promotions/modelling and occassionaly as an extra in Hollyoaks) she is currently in Morocco for 4 weeks working as a volunteer in an orphanage. She has done all this and still managed to get a 1st in her level 2 research report. I cant even begin to tell you how proud I am of her. She is my inspiration and a great role model for my 2 younger girls.

We also managed a holiday abroad this year (first one in 7 years) and had a fab time.

I suppose I just want people to look ahead to the future while dealing with the here and now.

Don't lose hope
x x x

Shining

Post by Shining » Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:05 pm
What a lovely daughter you've got there Dee. Be deservedly proud. I am of mine too. Mind she's the youngest and she's learnt not what to do from the elders but they're all different and I love them all the same. xx
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.
9 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “a success story”