6 weeks to go......

13 posts Page 1 of 1

Skeef143

Post by Skeef143 » Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:48 pm
Long time no post...... Hello to those who remember me (of course I have kept in touch with some of you on FB).

Well, I am two payments from the end, and as the title says, the final payment will go out 6 weeks today - on 1st April [:D] I seem to remember a clutch of us around the same time, so hopefully yours have gone smoothly too.

I can't really complain with the way mine has gone, what with DMP, IVA payments less the fees and PPI refunds (thankfully that was sorted about 18 months after my IVA began), I will have paid back about 80% of my original debt. So I think I've done all right. Having said all that, mine wasn't really going to be too complicated as I don't really have any assets. ie not a homeowner etc.

I did have a hiccup this time 3 years ago, when the powers that be at work head office decided one of our sister companies was to move in with us, and of course the admin department was the last to be decided upon, so I had 3 months of not knowing if I definitely had a job or not.

I've managed modest holidays - especially to Blackpool! - and also managed to change cars - my dad bought a new one and gifted me the old one (a 61 plate Renault Clio) - I got the necessary approval from my IP etc and paid the proceeds of the sale of my old one across.

As regards final review paperwork, I was asked to provide all of 2015's payslips, where I have usually had to provide 3 months' payslips/bank statements, and I got a letter today saying I don't owe anything extra. So I will phone them to clarify whether or not I have to do anything more, apart from these two monthly payments, and that I can close the standing order after payment no. 60.

I do feel rehabilitated financially, as what with the DMP I have not had a credit card since December 2008. Although sometime in the future I am wondering about getting one and paying for petrol with it, having kept a petrol allowance aside for this long, I still intend to keep to allowances etc. once I've finished.

Well, seems to have turned into a long post, but I thought after having lurked for a few weeks, I thought I'd stick my head around the door again.
Final payment 1st April 2016.
Completion Certificate received 19th May 2016.

plasticdaft

Forum Expert

Post by plasticdaft » Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:05 pm
Great news and another post to help those lurking unsure of whether an iva is the real deal! If you do the homework and understand what you are getting into an iva really can allow a fresh start. Hopefully the closure will go swiftly.

Always brings a smile to my face when somebody else gets to the other end of the iva journey.

Paul
Discharged today the 8th feb 2012. View is much brighter now.
Continuing to rebuild our credit worthiness.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:01 am
Great news and it will fly by!!
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

welshwiz

Post by welshwiz » Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:01 pm
Well done get the bubbly ready for april

susieq73

Post by susieq73 » Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:14 pm
I am the same, only 2 payments left. It cannot come quick enough. Mine has been very troublefree and hoping my final review will be too. I am not a homeowner so it should finish ok. All my PPI claims have been completed. It has been a long 5 years but i just keep thinking of being able to save money each month after the IVA. We have only had holidays in the UK the last few years and generally stayed with relatives so no extra costs for holidays but we have splashed out for a week in Majorca at Easter and I am so looking forward to it.

Good luck to anyone just starting or finishing with the next steps....it's been the best thing I have done...to now be debtfree.!!
Susie
x

IVA Accepted 31st March 2011.
IVA Ends 31st March 2016.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:50 pm
Enjoy your holiday!!! You deserve it and the sunshine will be great for relaxing after this awful winter.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

Lisa Thomas

Industry Expert

Post by Lisa Thomas » Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:22 pm
Congratulations on almost getting to the finish line, well done.
I'm a licensed IP with 16+ yrs at Neville & Co covering the South West area. I have a YouTube channel with advisory videos on here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMPTTu ... Z5k9ZcC2MA http://www.nevilleco.co.uk 01752 786800 Lisa@nevilleco.co.uk

pod_moo

Post by pod_moo » Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:48 pm
Congratulations!

I am also in the 2 payments left 'club' and I can't wait to finish what has thankfully been a smoothish journey.

The countdown is on!

Skeef143

Post by Skeef143 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:59 pm
font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:<hr height="1" noshade>Originally posted by pod_moo

The countdown is on!
39 days....[;)] Been counting down since New Year!

Enjoy your holiday Suzieq73, I've one minor problem with going abroad - I need to buy a new passport!!!

I did check with DSC and the submission of the wage slips was indeed the final review as such, and all that remains is the two outstanding monthly payments. The bloke did say "... unless you fail to pay one of those, then it will be extended".... as if that's going to happen now!!!!!

susieq73

Post by susieq73 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:23 pm
Good luck on your final payments - I will certainly enjoy my holiday - once we get there...My OH hates flying with a passion and already has sweaty palms thinking about it...Me, well i don't mind flying but being on the larger side - hate the thought of squeezing into a seat! or the poor person sitting next to me!!! can just see their face when they realise they will have to squeeze into the window seat, I am in the middle, OH at the aisle...but we are going for my dad's retirement so couldn't turn it down!!

I am just waiting to find out what is required for my final review,,,as it's moved to Aperture now...hoping they don't take too long...
Susie
x

IVA Accepted 31st March 2011.
IVA Ends 31st March 2016.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:58 pm
You will have a wonderful time!! Know what it's like to be the large person in the seat!
Bob Marley.

Skeef143

Post by Skeef143 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:44 am
Unfortunately I also know what it feels like to be the big person squeezing into the airline seat[V] But like I said earlier, better get a passport sorted first!

Payment number 59 has gone today [:)] A thought occurred to me yesterday - not that it makes a great difference, but I've had 2 Leap Years during the course of my IVA!

31 days..... (I refuse to count it in sleeps, as I find that expression annoying)

linrog

Post by linrog » Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:42 pm
And a grand place blackpool is good luck for your ladt 2 payments the feeling is over whelming when it's all over as mine is from 29/2/16
full final paid over 29/2/16 cc arrived 12/4/16 its all over
13 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “a success story”