HMRC Contact for IVA Related Stuff

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
6 posts Page 1 of 1

bee900

Post by bee900 » Sun May 15, 2022 5:27 pm
Hello hello,

This may be a question beyond anyone BUT I have been advised my by IVA people that I need to contact the HMRC to arrange my UTR for paying tax for 22/23 onwards. The 21/22 debt is captured within my IVA which began in January this year however I am still self-employed and obviously need to pay tax in future.

I am not able to phone the HMRC, it's absolutlely too terrifying and upsetting and I prefer to have written records of everything. Has anyone contacted the HMRC over IVA related issues - they have so many different addresses I'm not sure who to write to but I need this new UTR to begin paying my tax for future years & to confirm what is owed exactly.

Thanks for any help...appreciate it's a bit of "niche question" so understand if it's not possible to answer :)

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sun May 15, 2022 5:54 pm
HMRC do have a dedicated IVA section, which I suspect might be located at the Finance Division in Worthing. I am afraid that I do not have any contact numbers, but your IP should do.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sun May 15, 2022 5:58 pm
They are, indeed at Barrington Road in Worthing ... have a look here ... the VAS might be able to point you in the right direction: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... eet_1_.pdf
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

bee900

Post by bee900 » Sun May 15, 2022 6:02 pm
That's great thank you so much - I would phone the general line but I need to write to them. This is perfect thank you - I'll send a copy to both this address and the main self-assessment one and hopefully one will hit the right people.

WallE

Post by WallE » Tue May 31, 2022 10:32 pm
If your IVA was approved recently (ie, after 2018) VAS in Worthing won't be able to help as they're being wound down on that office.

Recent IVA cases are handled by the Edinburgh office.

You could also try emailing vas@hmrc.gov.uk if you're not a fan of phones.
Hi! I used to work for one of the UK's biggest Insolvency Practitioners - I don't work for an IP anymore but still have an extensive knowledge of the IVA industry. How can I help?

bee900

Post by bee900 » Mon Jun 06, 2022 11:10 am
Hi WallE - thanks for your reply. I did email that address and I've also written back to the address that informed me I'd need a new UTR etc. I just need to know exactly how much they're going to want from me in January as the first payment towards 22/23 so I don't end up in any more trouble! My accountant's figures differed from those the HMRC had for 21/22 so I can't be 100% his estimation for 22/23 is correct either. I also like to pay into the account little and often rather than one big chunk in Jan as it's easier to manage...but that's impossible without account access. Hopefully I'll have a shiny new UTR soon! Thanks for your help :)
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”