Online gambling stopped

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1

Petesmadboots

Post by Petesmadboots » Thu May 09, 2019 4:42 am
Hello, today my life changes. I spoke to kieth a few months ago, to discuss an iva. I said I would wait a few months to see what my average overtime would be. Unfortunately for me, I have still online gambled, wasting my spare cash,instead of paying creditors of which there are 12. I am in a dmp, have been for 4 years and never missed a payment. I got so down today, I contemplated the unthinkable, of simply ending it all, but my chat with the samaratans today convinced me otherwise. I feel fresh and now ready to deal with my problem. Gamstop has been activated. No more online gambling. Shall I commence my iva proposal now or wait a few months, I ask, as there would be wasted money showing on my bank statements for online gambling. Please advise. Thank you.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu May 09, 2019 6:36 am
Well done on stopping.

You could speak to Keith again and see what he says.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Thu May 09, 2019 6:39 am
Speak to Keith again. My own feeling is that, as you are already in a DMP, you should wait a couple of months, for your own peace of mind as well as the creditors. Let things stabilise a bit so you know how the ground lays.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Chief77

Post by Chief77 » Thu May 09, 2019 11:27 am
Not sure if it will help but Monzo is a great online account which has a gambling block on it. It really helps, I had the odd bet but haven't for 6 months since I switched, it's been great.

Keith White

Industry Expert

Post by Keith White » Thu May 09, 2019 12:16 pm
Hi Peter - do get in touch - I would be very willing to help. I emailed you earlier.
Keith White, IVA advisor at iva.com
Contact me at http://www.iva.com/about-us/keith-white
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”