IVA complaint

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
17 posts Page 1 of 2

jktapner

Post by jktapner » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:02 pm
My IVA is with Freeman Jones. We have had our creditors meeting and we are now going into the final year. I have been told the extra year will be the same payment throughout and no more reviews. I have also been told by Freeman Jones I will need to submit 6 monthly reviews. Which is it? I emailed them the question ovrrna month ago and one each week for a paper trail due to past issues and I have received nothing back. :x :x
J Tapner

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:30 pm
Freeman Jones have a rep who often looks in and hopefully he will pick this up --- he has helped quite a few clients with queries.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Lisa Thomas

Industry Expert

Post by Lisa Thomas » Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:25 am
Normally the fifth year would be reviewed. Perhaps this is where the confusion has arisen.

I presume the 6th year is an extension due to the equity levels in your property and that you have already determined it applies in your case?
I'm a licensed IP with 16+ yrs at Neville & Co covering the South West area. I have a YouTube channel with advisory videos on here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMPTTu ... Z5k9ZcC2MA http://www.nevilleco.co.uk 01752 786800 Lisa@nevilleco.co.uk

Financial Wellness

Industry Expert

Post by Financial Wellness » Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:21 pm
Hi jktapner,

I am sorry if we've confused you about this. As your extension is in lieu of equity in your property we don't need you to provide proof of income any more and we won't do our regular income reviews.

However (and this is where the confusion my have arisen), if you have any outstanding income reviews and evidence to submit from previous years, these will still need to be brought up to date.

I've arranged for your Relationship Manager to give you a call just to chat this through.

Hope that makes sense.

Ian
A member of the team at Financial Wellness Group (Formerly Freeman Jones ) - www.financialwellnessgroup.co.uk

jktapner

Post by jktapner » Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:45 pm
Lisa Thomas wrote:
Normally the fifth year would be reviewed. Perhaps this is where the confusion has arisen.

I presume the 6th year is an extension due to the equity levels in your property and that you have already determined it applies in your case?
Hi Lisa you are right and we agreed to the 7th year. This is our 7th year and awaiting from Freeman Jones to confirm what happens.
J Tapner

jktapner

Post by jktapner » Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:51 pm
Freeman Jones wrote:
Hi jktapner,

I am sorry if we've confused you about this. As your extension is in lieu of equity in your property we don't need you to provide proof of income any more and we won't do our regular income reviews.

However (and this is where the confusion my have arisen), if you have any outstanding income reviews and evidence to submit from previous years, these will still need to be brought up to date.

I've arranged for your Relationship Manager to give you a call just to chat this through.

Hope that makes sense.

Ian
Hi Ian,
I have never missed a review and was asked to send my review in September this 6th month review not October. I have had no response from the September review or what needs to be done. Even what my monthly payments are going to be. I am also concerned about a review where it states I owe money from extra earnings not missed payment. I have tried to pay this off before the creditors review but all correspondence from Freeman Jones has stopped after the conversation about the reviews I am very nervous and upset with the service.
J Tapner

jktapner

Post by jktapner » Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:58 pm
Freeman Jones wrote:
Hi jktapner,

Hope that makes sense.

Ian
If they can call me tomorrow as I am day off from work. Please ask them to call my mobile number
J Tapner

jktapner

Post by jktapner » Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:58 pm
I have just had an email from Freeman Jones shame it's taken over a month and strange that my review was moved to September and and in October with an outcome in December.

Joel
J Tapner

jktapner

Post by jktapner » Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:44 am
Yet again no response from Freeman Jones about the confusion on my IVA.
They have emailed one answer and then in a review with the opposite.
Any help would be welcome over the festive season.
Again I have waited the normal 12 day's with no response from Freeman Jones and an email from me nearly every day.
J Tapner

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:41 am
I doubt you will have a reply before Christmas now.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

jktapner

Post by jktapner » Mon Dec 24, 2018 7:24 pm
This is about normal for Freeman Jones. What a happy Christmas my family will be having.
J Tapner

jktapner

Post by jktapner » Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:39 pm
I am hoping that I get a reply from Freeman Jones before the year ends.
J Tapner

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:57 pm
I'll be surprised if you do now.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

jktapner

Post by jktapner » Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:25 pm
I can live in hope. But I think you might be right again.
All I want to know is do I have anymore reviews or not, as I have an email saying not but my last review saying I do. I am confused and like to know what's happening. Please reply soon Freeman Jones.
J Tapner

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:35 pm
Hang until New Year and then keep hounding!
Bob Marley.
17 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”