Over the moon yet slightly underwhelmed

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
12 posts Page 1 of 1

JimmyJem

Post by JimmyJem » Sun Dec 23, 2018 6:07 am
Hi - over the moon yet slightly underwhelmed. I started my joint IVA with my husband in May 2013 and today after much worry and fretting (as our original company was taken over earlier this year) we finally received our completion certificate....... I say certificate what I really mean is a letter from my I.P stating we have completed. I do feel a little underwhelmed by this as actually completing and doing 5 years hard slog should surely merit a certificate to be presented by my local mayor followed by a ceremony highlighting the horrific fashion statements I’ve had to make whilst stretching pennies!! ? 😂

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:40 am
Well done. Nice, if disappointing, Christmas present. Mind you -- it isn't as though many of us would frame them and hang them on the loo wall, but the marching band and cheerleaders would have been nice :-)

Dubious fashion statements ??? I never thought to blame the IVA for my poor choices --- but then, everyone who knows me will be aware that they pre-date any IVA and still continue, nearly 6 years out the other side :roll:

Are you of an age to remember "Man at C&A"? Well --- I am "Blob at Primark" :shock: :lol:
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Radish

Post by Radish » Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:41 am
Totally agree with you. I visualised Champagne on ice after the last payment is made. By the time it comes its hard to have that mentality. I don't think you will regret the IVA once the dust settles and you regroup though. A thank you letter or a few words of appreciation with the certificate would go a long way to make us think that someone out there knows the effort and sacrifices made to ensure most of the debt is replayed. I wrote a bucket list of everything I am going to do with the money I am saving over the next five years - and apart from one (the Northern lights) ticked every box.
IVA complete March 2014 after 6 years.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:48 am
Well done and keep that letter safe never know if you will need it again! Keep checking the Insolvency Register as well - it could take 3 months to disappear.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:49 am
:lol: :lol:
Foggy wrote:
Well done. Nice, if disappointing, Christmas present. Mind you -- it isn't as though many of us would frame them and hang them on the loo wall, but the marching band and cheerleaders would have been nice :-)

Dubious fashion statements ??? I never thought to blame the IVA for my poor choices --- but then, everyone who knows me will be aware that they pre-date any IVA and still continue, nearly 6 years out the other side :roll:

Are you of an age to remember "Man at C&A"? Well --- I am "Blob at Primark" :shock: :lol:
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

Radish

Post by Radish » Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:38 am
kallis3 wrote:
:lol: :lol:
Foggy wrote:

I saw a C & A in Warsaw, Poland this year on holiday - seriously

Radish

Post by Radish » Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:58 am
kallis3 wrote:
Well done and keep that letter safe never know if you will need it again! Keep checking the Insolvency Register as well - it could take 3 months to disappear.
I personally scanned my certificate at work (although could have done this at the local library) and saved a copy into my email folder and one onto a flash drive so I always have a back up.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:19 am
Ours are in a filing cabinet.

I know C&A are still going abroad - used to love it.
Bob Marley.

MerlinL14

Post by MerlinL14 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:56 pm
" 5 years hard slog should surely merit a certificate to be presented by my local mayor followed by a ceremony highlighting the horrific fashion statements I’ve had to make whilst stretching pennies!! ? " too funny JimmyJem. You do have a sense of elation when the letter drops through the letter box but soon realise that the elation is a personal thing and nothing to do with the nondescript piece of paper from your IP. I have copies in my fire safe, my daughters, on my laptop I have no intention of losing any one of them, just in case...
Last Payment made 04/12/14. Completion Certificate 25/7/15. IVA company GT. No Issues

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Sun Dec 23, 2018 2:00 pm
Ours are locked in the safe and copies taken, scanned and saved ..never know when you will need it !

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

JimmyJem

Post by JimmyJem » Sun Dec 23, 2018 4:23 pm
I all honesty I am actually over the moon. I will scan my letter and make several copies to keep safe. But for now hubby and I are saving to take our daughter abroad on holiday (our first one abroad since we started our IVA) very excited. Then we will start to save, save, save and save some more :D

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Sun Dec 23, 2018 6:18 pm
Enjoy the sunshine and warmth when the time comes !

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"
12 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”