Our credit report is clean but IVA still showing on insolvency register

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
4 posts Page 1 of 1

Anna.da

Post by Anna.da » Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:59 pm
We have finally completed our IVA after 6 long years! It has already come off our credit report however we are still on the insolvency register. On the register there is a footnote that says "Individual Voluntary Arrangements will remain visible while they are Current, and for a period of 3 months after the Secretary of State receives notice of the revocation order, full implementation or termination of the agreement." This seem's so unfair! Do we really have to wait 3 more months? And will this still be effecting our credit rating? Thanks for the help!

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:57 pm
Unfortunately it can take up to 3 months to be cleared from the Insolvency Register.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Anna.da

Post by Anna.da » Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:27 pm
Thanks Kallis, i was surprised to see it come off our credit report so quick, but then disappointed to still be on the register for another 3 months! we are hoping to get a small loan to replace the car as ours is on its last legs, my husbands credit rating is above average now the iva has cleared, do you know if still being on the register will prevent us from getting a loan?

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:31 pm
Have you checked the court information sections of all three credit reference agencies ?

I would imagine a lender will look at the credit reports, not do a search of the Register.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”