Writing to credit agencies after full and final

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
2 posts Page 1 of 1

Donna29

Post by Donna29 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:15 pm
Hi,

I've had my full and final offer accepted and received my completion paperwork which says I have to write to the credit agencies with a copy of my final report - I'm a bit confused about what I'm asking the credit agencies to do... should I be asking them to mark my IVA as completed a long with any defaults to be marked as settled?

My IVA was originally due to end in 2021 (that would have been six years since the IVA start date) - I'm guessing that everything will remain on my credit report until 2021, albeit can be marked as settled until it can be completely removed?

Does anyone have a template letter I should send to the credit agencies with my final report please?

Thanks!

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:30 pm
Have a read here: https://www.iva.co.uk/what-does-an-iva- ... dit-record

You do not have to contact the CRA's as long as the IP does his job and informs the Insolvency Service. As you surmise the IVA and defaults will remain in the credit files for the full 6 years. To be honest it makes no difference how it is marked in the meantime.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014
2 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”