IVA Complaints why so few

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
25 posts Page 2 of 2

size5

Industry Expert

Post by size5 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:34 pm
Probably is just me, didn't work again. I'll try it again from home if I get a minute.

That is the same guide that has been there for years, and it does indeed provide some detail. Most of it is clearly biased against IVA's and factually incorrect to boot. I have just re-read it, and I cannot find one section that does not have an error or errors in it. Somewhat confusingly, some of the downsides of IVA's which he lists are downsides to other debt solutions as well, a fact he omits to mention.

Put another way, if an IVA providing organisation put that out for public consumption then you can be assured that the governing bodies, whether FCA or otherwise, of said organisations would be very interested in having a chat with them.

Regards.
Last edited by size5 on Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cert DR
23+ years in debt advice
I do not post for anyone other than myself

Follow my tweets at http://twitter.com/debtmastersize5

lifenoteasy

Post by lifenoteasy » Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:32 pm
Version control is an issue for most organisations whether private or government.

It probably has not been updated for at least 5 years and is simply available because it was previously published.

If most IVA companies published anything close to what was needed they would never get any business.
IVA started March 2011, Completed March 2016 and certificate issued 11 days after final payment. It was not always easy but then some of the best decisions aren't.

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:01 pm
Hi

The industry has been criticised for as long as I can remember about one issue or another, most justifiable, however there have been vast improvements over the last few years with regards to best advice and transparency so maybe the lack of complaints are an indication of improvements
Some companies however still need to deal with IVA closures differently, there seems to be no sense of urgency
Andam Davies

lifenoteasy

Post by lifenoteasy » Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:19 pm
And that's despite the fines given to IPs this year linked to slow closure of cases.
IVA started March 2011, Completed March 2016 and certificate issued 11 days after final payment. It was not always easy but then some of the best decisions aren't.

kravarran

Post by kravarran » Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:30 am
I truly believe that you get out of an IVA exactly what you put in. If you can accept the situation you are in, and work your best at getting out of it by following the IVA rules, then an IVA is probably the best decision of your life.

If you don't take it seriously then don't complain when it goes wrong [8D]
The hardest part is telling a stranger about your problems ...... it's also the most important!

Completion Certificate Received! :D

lifenoteasy

Post by lifenoteasy » Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:48 am
Would help if I actually knew what my iva company was doing.

Ah well 4 months left.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:50 am
font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:<hr height="1" noshade>Originally posted by lifenoteasy

Would help if I actually knew what my iva company was doing.

Ah well 4 months left.
Would help if THEY knew what they were doing !!! [:D]
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

kravarran

Post by kravarran » Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:55 am
Choosing the right IVA company is key, unfortunately when people decide they know very little. It's only after experience and being involved with a forum such as this that we are all so knowledgeable [;)]
The hardest part is telling a stranger about your problems ...... it's also the most important!

Completion Certificate Received! :D

lifenoteasy

Post by lifenoteasy » Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:59 am
We chose the right company but got sold on.

lifenoteasy

Post by lifenoteasy » Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:02 am
Plus foggy is right.
25 posts Page 2 of 2
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”