Can I get a small car loan with no defaults

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
8 posts Page 1 of 1

andrewgoodman121

Post by andrewgoodman121 » Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:36 pm
Hi,
I completed my IVA last year and my credit file is completely clear with no defaults now whatsoever.
I have managed to save over £2000 and our car is on it,s last legs.
The question now is would it be possible now for me to get a small car loan as I do not want to squander any savings as it has taken me a while to build up.
I am still fully employed but need to know if it is worth my while applying or will it be another knockback and declined.
im only after £3000 as a car loan and is well within my range but I have no credit cards whatsoever and do not want one at all.
Whats my Chances!!!

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Sun Jun 15, 2014 5:25 am
If there is no trace of iva or defaults on your file you should be ok .... recent forum members have been lucky with Barclays and Black Horse
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Sun Jun 15, 2014 5:52 am
Hi

Use a creditor that was not part of your initial IVA

Good Luck

Regards
Andam Davies

andrewgoodman121

Post by andrewgoodman121 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:42 am
Thanks for the response Andy,

It is all a bit surreal, i am now completely Debt Free since completing my IVA with Melanie Giles Team who were excellent and after a long slog i now a have a default free and positive Credit Report with all traces of the IVA removed as well
The only thing now that is playing on my mind is that i want to get a small loan to buy a new car but i am worried that i might get knocked back as i am so used to getting declined and everything pre IVA.
I don't want to have any credit cards as i that is what got into a financial mess in the first place and would rather stick with my coop cashminder account with visa debit card.
It's a bit like standing on the edge of a diving board and wondering whether to take the plunge now or wait a month.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:01 pm
Hey - look at you now Andrew!

Debts all cleared off, credit file adjusted and savings in the bank. As the IP who acted for you in the IVA, I am so proud to see that you have kept your thriftiness up, and are now a saver rather than a borrower. It must be a great feeling, and I hope you find a loan to assist you in purchasing a new car.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

andrewgoodman121

Post by andrewgoodman121 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:41 pm
Thanks Melanie!!!
The thing is now post IVA is to borrow sensibly and not go down the credit card route which was got me into a right mess in the first place.
Also the IVA has helped me budget more reasonably and also taught me the value of having money rather than spending it wildly!!
I am putting away at least £300 per month now and it is growing fast and have a completely cleaned up credit report with all parties eg:Experian, Equifax, Call Credit etc.
7 Years ago when i made the call to you i was in a right mess but thanks to sticking with the IVA even through the tough months it PAYS!!! to see it to the bitter end!!!.
It's nice to know that i have over £2000 worth of savings so far and i call that comfort money and will just keep adding every month and budget myself as i go along.

Shining

Post by Shining » Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:41 pm
I recently cleaned up all my credit files and was given a loan for a car, good luck in your application.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

sponge

Post by sponge » Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:04 pm
Given your circumstance I doubt you'll have any problem with credit for a car, post IVA,(CR file clean of course) and should be looking for an APR of no more than cira 6%ish?

I kept my Nationwide cash card going for as long as I could, but Nationwide were having none it and switched my account to a Flex account and cancelled my cash card..
8 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”