Credit Checks?How do banks 'view'your Credit file?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
3 posts Page 1 of 1

flamingate

Post by flamingate » Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:03 pm
When you purchase your credit files, Equifax, Experien, and see your whole credit files,

and then if you apply for say a current bank or a saving account with a bank, and they a check your credit files too.

Then how do they view your credit files?
- Do they actually access your full credit file, and look at it 'all' in exactly the same way as you do,do when you purchase the online version for £2, etc?

- Or they see a simplified version of it ? and cant see the full version due to data protection?

- or all they just see a credit score number ?

I am on about a current bank or a saving account, doing a check on your credit file,

for electroll roll data etc.
Last edited by flamingate on Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:26 pm
There are different checks. For an identity check, they will just see address details and electoral roll entries. nothing financial.

For a full check they will see the lot -- basically what you see.

There is no data protection issue and you will have given permission.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Kelly O

Post by Kelly O » Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:52 pm
if you are applying for a basic bank account the bank are more concerned about identify verification such as council tax and electoral role information
Regards Kelly Osadare Debt Advice Manager at www.pjgrecovery.com (host to www.melaniegiles.com.)

PJG Recovery have a free online advice channel at www.debtadvicetv.com. If you are ready to ask us for specific advice or help, then get in touch at www.pjgrecovery.com/contact-us.asp . I look forward to speaking to you.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”