What is the process when finishing your last payment with DFD ?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
4 posts Page 1 of 1

Harrypop

Post by Harrypop » Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:51 am
What is the process when finishing your last payment with DFD, I have rang the company to confirm I can cancel my standing order and the representative said she had to send an email to get someone to contact me, not heard anything yet, so I emailed customer services who have told me my account is going through the best endeavours review and the team dealing with it will contact me as soon as possible. How long does it normally take for them to contact you

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:39 am
Congratulations on finishing your IVA - I would continue to contact them to confirm your IVA order can be cancelled at the bank. The closure process does take a number of months and in some instances recently it has continued to take over 12 months. You want to consider if you have been subject to any PPI over the years and let DFD know, if not already done so, as this appears to be a regular question and cause for closure delay.

Other than that until your certificate arrives you are in limbo as you will not be removed from the insolvency register, nor will your creditors start to mark your records as satsified on the credit reference agency sites....the only difference will be your bank balance each month as you are free to spend your money as you wish...however be aware that until closure is completed any windfalls will still fall under the IVA terms and conditions.

Good luck !
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

orchid5

Post by orchid5 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:29 am
Hi Harrypop and welcome to the forum, congratulations and best wishes on completing your IVA now unfortunately begins the waiting game, there are many posters on here waiting at the moment, some for over a year, however providing you don't have any PPI/HMRC outstanding then your case will be passed onto the closure team.

Here is Judith at DFD who is dealing with a lot of queries regarding closures so drop her a line and hopefully she'll be able to give you a more firmer date, good luck. xxxxx

janderton@debtfreedirect.co.uk
Om shanti, namesté, good luck to all who are embarking on the IVA journey, it isn't always an easy one but the outcome is the best.

IVA COMPLETED August 2012, received Completion certificate 18.4.13.

Tina Shortland

Post by Tina Shortland » Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:14 am
Hi Harrypop - well done on cpmpleting your IVA. It is only really DFD who can specifically give you an indication of their own timescales as companies can vary. Glad to see orchid5 has given you a contact to follow up. Hope you get some answers soon.
Regards, Tina Shortland, Debt Advisory Manager for Melanie Giles at Debt Advice TV.

If you’re looking for effective debt related information, articles and news, then go now to our on-line advice service at www.debtadvicetv.com

If you’re ready to ask us for specific advice or help, then get in touch at www.call-me.debtadvicetv.com so you can start to free yourself from the stress and anxiety of overwhelming debt.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”