Narrative on DD payment for an IVA

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
4 posts Page 1 of 1

love hope and strength

Post by love hope and strength » Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:02 am
I am currently awaiting my draft proposal and I have managed to open a full Flexaccount with Nationwide but have not taken the overdraft.

I was wondering if my IVA does get accepted will the dd payment alert Nationwide that I have entered into an IVA. By this I mean will it be obvious by who the payment is going to?

winter_blues

Post by winter_blues » Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:17 am
Hi and welcome to the forum. It depends on your IVA company but unlikely that Nationwide will ever know but even if they do find out ( I know people who have told them and they are fine to accept current accounts with IVA's) - Nationwide are not one of the banks that will automatically shut your account down. HSBC and First Direct will.

Hope all goes well and keep us updated.
Winter-Blues

love hope and strength

Post by love hope and strength » Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:48 am
Thanks winter_blues. I was worried that Nationwide would close my account and I have just been approved for a Co-op cashmnder, thought I should have a back up just in case!

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:50 am
I have a flex account with Nationwide which was opened pre IVA and we have no problem with it so far. My IVA payments are standing orders to RBS so I doubt they have a clue what it is for.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”