Delay in receiving my CC from PayPlan may scuttle any chance of getting a good revenue.

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
42 posts Page 1 of 3

jax123

Post by jax123 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:02 am
Hi, I've posted here a few times throughout my Full and Final offer process. My IVA F&F offer was excepted and paid 12 weeks ago on Tuesday! Yet I still haven't received any completion certificate from PayPlan! They really do take their time to do everything! My F&F offer was submitted to them back in March and they've dragged out the whole process! Hopefully I receive the certificate this week coming as they did say within 12 weeks.

How ever I now have another question, last week I was offered a business opportunity and upon trailing it for a week it's worked really well! I'm yet to be paid anything but I can now invoice them and I will need to register for VAT. I've registered the limited company but I can't register for VAT or send an invoice until I have a bank account. But as I understand it's pretty hard to obtain a business account while in an IVA...and technically I still am!

I am thinking about trying Metro Bank tomorrow, does anyone know if they allow limited company accounts while the Director is in an IVA? I could just wait a little longer until my completion certificate arrives (which will hopefully not be too much longer but who knows when it comes to PayPlan) And waiting will mean i miss out a good revenue and the company I'm working with may look elsewhere if I'm unable to help them in the mean time.

Can anyone offer any advice on this, I've read some good stuff about Metro Bank but also some saying they got turned down due to their IVA.

I need to be able to make card payments and receive BACS payments. I may need a direct debit facility further down the line.

Thanks is advance.

Kazza

Post by Kazza » Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:34 am
Hi Jax,

Can't comment/ offer advice on your question but re CC from Payplan - we're still waiting too! Think it will be 13 weeks tomorrow.... say no more :(
IVA started Sept 2012, Full & Final accepted Aug 16th 2016 & CC issued 10th Jan 2017

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:58 am
I have no idea either but in the past Barclays and Lloyds have opened accounts for companies where a director is in an IVA. However this is really missing the point as the timescale for your certificate is too long.

Ring Payplan and demand to speak with the IP and insist you get your certificate. Their delays are holding you back and potentially putting your entire career at risk so if you get no joy make an official complaint.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

jax123

Post by jax123 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:57 pm
I called Pay Plan and just got palmed off as usual. They tried to back track on the 12 weeks promise by saying it takes time to finalise all the creditors etc. The person I spoke to promised to send accounts an email saying it was urgent that they hurry up!

I've always found PayPlan slow to respond but since I sent my F&F letter they've been even worse! So frustrating!

walesdave

Post by walesdave » Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:55 pm
Yep - Barclays opened a business bank account for myself while in an IVA.
If you Google 'Business acount while in an IVA'youll find some 'pre-pay'card type business accounts; might not be the best but could be a short term solution?

jax123

Post by jax123 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:04 pm
Yeah thanks, I've done lots of googling and searching on here. I actually went into a Metro Bank today and opened one, well it hasn't been confirmed yet but sounds promising. I pre warned them I had bad credit history without mentioning the IVA but to my surprise my Credit Check passed! I've signed all the forms so it now goes to the Business Manager to confirm. I'll see what happens over the next few days, hopefully it all gets accepted ok. Thanks

tinkerbell96

Post by tinkerbell96 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:45 pm
That's because the owner of Payplan is in the early stages of selling the business, and going into liquidation himself. State you want to log a complaint and a team leader will then get the completion notice sent to you. Also refuse to sign the deed of assignment, and any PPI will then be yours

jax123

Post by jax123 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:51 pm
Thats worrying! Could that affect my IVA closure? The thought crossed my mind today as the telephone number on the bottom of their emails no longer works! I've already signed the PPI deed. There isn't anything more due anyhow.

I will email saying I want to complain, any suggestions on wording?

Thanks

jax123

Post by jax123 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:08 pm
I've emailed my case officer but also filled in their contact form online as my case officer usually takes about 2 weeks to reply! I stated I'd like to log an official complaint and that I will be logging a complaint with the Financial Ombudsman Service.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:19 pm
The FOS has no jurisdiction -- you will need to escalate any complaint to the regulatory body via the Government Gateway at:

https://www.gov.uk/complain-about-insol ... actitioner

My understanding was that Payplan was restructuring, not going into liquidation -- and looks to lose about half of it's workforce.

As for refusing to assign PPI -- this would simply result in the completion certificate not being issued, rather than speed the process up.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:31 pm
Agree with Foggy - they are just restructuring but not liquidating.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:02 am
I cannot understand why you would be laying off half you staff when you cannot cope with the workload you already have. In addition Payplan are still being pushed as a preferred debt advisor by many banks and others despite all their failings.

This makes no sense at all.
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

jax123

Post by jax123 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:41 am
I've called them again and my case officer still hasn't replied. They wouldn't put me through to IP or accounts. They said neither speak to clients. Again tried to palm me off saying finalising account can take some time and can be done sooner or longer than 12 weeks and that the 12 weeks is just a guide!

I've said I need an update today and if it's not the case that the certificate will be with me soon then I will be pushing forward to log an official complaint both with PayPlan and the Gov website.

They didn't seem too bothered about a complaint, hopefully the threat of it does the trick?
Last edited by jax123 on Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:48 am
Just keep pestering them and insist on speaking to the IP!!! They cannot refuse to speak to you.

I would certainly lodge a complaint with them in the first place and threaten the escalation to a higher authority.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:12 am
If the IP does not speak to clients then he/she can justify this to the regulators. I would certainly consider a complaint via the Gateway as how can you make a complaint to the IP when you are not allowed to speak with them!
42 posts Page 1 of 3
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”