I've been stuck in cycle of payday and instalment loans. I'm really scared, no where left to turn.

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
41 posts Page 3 of 3

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:01 pm
You won't look like a fool --- everyone has to start somewhere.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

thisusernameistaken

Post by thisusernameistaken » Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:23 pm
The first step to fixing something is admitting it's broken.

Well done and good luck!

prickolas

Post by prickolas » Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:26 pm
Thanks all. I've got until 28th August before s**t starts hitting the fan so go take a day or two to gather myself and get my head on straight and then going to get this DRO ball rolling... here goes nothing... wish me luck
In so deep I need diving gear... had enough of drowning so now looking for the oxygen I need to breathe again!

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:22 pm
Good luck from me - hope it goes ok and let us know how you get on.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Shining

Post by Shining » Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:20 pm
Yes good luck from me too.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:10 am
You should consider cancelling all payments to creditors anyway as you cannot afford them. If you have debts to your current bank you should open a new one with a bank to whom you owe no money and at least your income is protected going forward regardless what you decide to do.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:20 am
Another point is that if you do any online banking or credit then check they don't have your phone number on there otherwise they will call you once you miss your payments.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:24 am
Hi

Important to arrange a new bank account and have your income paid into this new account if you know that you will be unable to make the payments

The CAB can arrange a DRO as can StepChange and Payplan, amongst others

Good Luck

Regards
Andam Davies

MerlinL14

Post by MerlinL14 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:07 pm
Good luck prickolas.
Last Payment made 04/12/14. Completion Certificate 25/7/15. IVA company GT. No Issues

Rick71

Post by Rick71 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:31 pm
Good luck to you. Echoing what everyone else here has said - you've made that all-important first step and acknowledged that there's a problem, and also laid out what your income and expenditure is. If you're going to go ahead with whichever option you decide upon, be it a DRO, IVA or whatever (and I strongly recommend that you do), as everyone has said, open a new bank account and arrange for your wages etc to go there. I found the process of transferring my balance on payday over to my new account, and cancelling debt repayments, quite a scary prospect, but let me tell you that when I clicked the 'Confirm' button to make the transfer, it was actually quite a thrill! That was the beginning of my recovery in the click of a mouse. Best thing I ever did.

I wish you all the luck in the world.
IVA? Best financial decision I ever made.

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:21 am
The CAB financial advisers get booked up very quickly (our next avail appt is early September according to my contacts) ..you might want to contact the other companies that arrange DROs as well like Andy mentioned Payplan and StepChange.

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"
41 posts Page 3 of 3
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”