Defaults on credit file

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
4 posts Page 1 of 1

picklepants

Post by picklepants » Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:56 am
We have come off the insolvency register & i have looked at the 3 credit reference agencies & a couple of default dates are after the date that my IVA started.

I have contacted credit ref agencies & they have told me that i need to contact the data controller at the companies where the default dates are incorrect.

Is there a template letter anywhere that i could use ?.
(I've looked on the pjgrecovery website but i can't find one on there)
IT"S OVER 11th NOVEMBER 2014

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:09 am
On the pjg site in the middle are the words "Free Credit File Guide" Click on the word "Download" immediately below this :-)
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:10 am
From PJGRecovery:

"Your Address

Data Control Officer
This Creditor
Data Controller Address

Dear Sirs

Re: Account Number xxxxxxxxxxx

After consultation with both the Information Commissioner and the Credit Reference Agencies, I am writing directly to you to request that you formally update my credit files in accordance with the Data Protection Act.

My IVA was completed on <Date on your completion certificate >, and <name of creditor> was included within my IVA. For your convenience I have attached a copy of my completion certificate.

Currently the information that you have recorded against my name with the Credit Reference Agencies is factually incorrect, and despite several written requests to your customer services, as yet your company has failed to correct the entries as required.

• It is requested that if you intend to default the account, the default entry must be no later than <Date your IVA was approved>, in accordance with the Data Protection Act.

• It is requested that you mark the account in some way as to indicate that it is settled or satisfied, in accordance with the Data Protection Act.

The Information Commissioner has indicated that I should allow you 28 calendar days from the date you receive this letter to comply, during this time you are requested either to update the Credit Reference Files correctly (of all three Credit Reference Agencies) or notify me in writing the reasons that you refuse to. After the 28 days have elapsed the Information Commissioner has requested that I inform them if your company fails to update the records so that they may take any necessary enforcement action against your company.

Yours faithfully

AN OTHER "
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

picklepants

Post by picklepants » Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:35 pm
Thank you, found it
IT"S OVER 11th NOVEMBER 2014
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”