Can I take email message from GT as official correspondence to cancel standing order ?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1

David.k

Post by David.k » Tue May 13, 2014 1:52 pm
I have recieved an email from GThornton stating i have successfully fulfilled my obligation to IVA. Case passed to closure team. Cancel standing order with bank.

My question is this - should i take this text message as official correspondence? IE. is it legitimate? Can i cancel my standing order without if showing as a missed payment and therefore jeordise the IVA. I was oringinally under the impression my last payment would be jan 15. It was a 5 year term, however they stated that if there was equity in my house i may have to remortgage at the end of year 5. I was told if there was no equity in the house i would be expected to pay for a further year. I confirmed there was no equity in my house in march 14. does this sound familiar? i just want to confirm i'm fully paid up. Any help is appreciated.

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Tue May 13, 2014 2:11 pm
It sounds like you can cancel your standing order but email GT back for confirmation. There may be a delay in getting the certificate of completion but well done for completing successfully.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Tue May 13, 2014 6:38 pm
Well done for reaching the end of your payments ... fingers crossed the certificate will follow shortly x
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

Shining

Post by Shining » Tue May 13, 2014 7:47 pm
Fabulous you're finished, well done hope the closures team issue that certificate very soon.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

darth_ivader

Post by darth_ivader » Thu May 15, 2014 11:24 am
Hi David,

Congratulations, however, if you are anything like me you're experiencing 'end of IVA Paranoia'! I had a similar email, but believing the news was to good to be true, I emailed back saying that I was canceling the payment as advised as a confirmation. I then continued to pay the monthly amount into a savings account until my completion certificate was recieved a few months later.

In the end I had both a completion certificate and a few pounds in the bank to put towards a holiday!
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”