Full & Final Question

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
10 posts Page 1 of 1

deepinit

Post by deepinit » Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:01 pm
Hi All

I have just received my F&F papers in the post to sign and return, my question is it contains a statement

"The supervisor shall be entitled to an additinal £500 (ex VAT) in order that costs associated with the convening of this further meeting may be met"

I won't have to pay the extra £500 will I? Will the £500 come out of funds already paid in to my IVA?

Thank you in advance for replys

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:49 pm
Hi. This should come out of the "IVA Pot" and not your pocket.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:33 pm
Your creditors will probably reduce the variation fee to £300 but as Foggy says it will come out of the pot.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

kazzafunk

Post by kazzafunk » Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:08 pm
Agree with the others. Nothing for you to worry about. Good luck and let us know how you get on.
Kazza

Please visit my blog:
http://kazzafunk.blogs.iva.co.uk/

IVA completed 21/03/2012

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:06 pm
Depending upon which creditors you have, it is possible that no additional fee will be allowed for calling the variation meeting.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

deepinit

Post by deepinit » Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:20 pm
Thank you all for the answers I didn't think I'd have to pay, but goal posts do seem to be changing all the time within my IVA and PayPlan, I'll let you know how I get on, going to email case worker in morning to see what sort of timeline I'm looking at for my meeting now that everything has been signed.

Fingers crossed

pavel33

Post by pavel33 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:47 am
Also just received my F&F offer paperwork from Payplan and it contains the same statement about the £500 charge for the variation meeting, but, as others have said, this will come out of the monies paid towards your IVA.

Timescale wise once Payplan get your paperwork they approach your creditors for a meeting, although as I understand it that meeting cannot take until 28 days after the creditors have been notified, hence why I am expecting my creditors meeting to take place in late Oct/early Nov.

I've found the F&F process rather slow, it took Payplan 5 weeks to send me the documentation to sign after I initially provided them with my F&F offer, letter from the person offering the F&F etc. Do think in such circumstances the issue of continuing with monthly payments needs to be looked at, because to me there was no incentive for my IP to progress my F&F promptly.

deepinit

Post by deepinit » Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:21 pm
Hi

Just an update I've got my date for F&F meeting on the 24th October, the offer I'm putting forward will give them a return of 27p in pound and 18 months earlier, my original proposal was 31p in pound, do you think this is likely to be accepted I've had to stop payments into my IVA due to mortgage increase so if they don't accept this the only other option would be BR, which is awful thought after being in IVA for nearly 4 years and struggling

pavel33

Post by pavel33 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:45 pm
It sounds reasonable to me in the circumstances.

My F&F meeting is set for 30th October. Original dividend was 54p in pound, but as I was restored to a 5 day week in June 2011 I've actually already (as of today) exceeded that, despite recently missing a large chunk of 4 payments, as a result of which my IVA was extended by 4 months. My F&F offer is for £9k, whereas if I continued making monthly payments until Nov 2014 those payments would total £11k.

Must admit I'm a little worried, as just over a year isn't that long to get an extra £2k, but equally there's always the chance my circumstances could take a turn for the worst and I've already exceeded the initial anticipated dividend.

deepinit

Post by deepinit » Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:02 pm
Hi pavel

I know what you mean I'm around £2000 short of original figure set out and only 18 months left, only thing going in my favor is I've nothing else to give apart from the £5000 I'm offering I've no equity in my house, so if they don't accept it they'll get nowhere near £5000 if I go BR, so fingers crossed for us both.
10 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”