Another GT question. Numerous promises of contact have proved empty gestures

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
8 posts Page 1 of 1

Paul.55

Post by Paul.55 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:15 pm
Good evening.

Another GT question I'm afraid. Long story short: 2 year stepped IVA - extended by 6 months. All payments made (30) . Specified lump sum payment (over £42K) made as 100p/£ dividend in the first week of May this year. Despite numerous appeals to GT Customer Services we can not seem to get a response from them as to why this hasn't been advanced to closure. Numerous promises of contact by return phone calls or letter have proved empty gestures. Should we be concerned?

Thank you for your attention.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:38 pm
Concerned ? No -- Annoyed ? Seriously

I am afraid this is GT's current M.O. I believe due to being snowed under with PPI / closure problems --- not an excuse, but there it is.

Have you tried emailing Karol Wilson ? Use ivacustomerservices@uk.gt.com and put only "IVA Forum" in the subject line.

I have always found her to be extremely helpful.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Paul.55

Post by Paul.55 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:16 pm
Thank you Foggy, I think you've got right to the crux of the matter - We intend to email Karol Wilson using the method you've described. I know it's not really useful to "tar everyone with the same brush" in any complex organisation such as GT, but the customer services dept leaves an enormous amount to be desired.

3 weeks after paying in this huge amount of money, GT's only response (apart from us wisely getting written confirmation of monies they are holding - over 44 thousand pounds (44) against the S of A debts of 35 Thousand (35) ) has been to send us a stock letter and an income/expenditure sheet. When queried that this wasn't an on-going IVA in terms of monthly payments - ie all liabilities set out by GT in a letter dated Jan 2013 were in fact in place with GT, it seemed the operatives didn't quite grasp the concept that each arrangement is individual, and didn't seem to have the source documents to hand ( on the screen !) that we were referring to. It feels a little amateurish at this stage if I'm being completely candid, the paucity of information forthcoming from GT is merely adding to that ideation.

Thank you again for your reply - very appreciated.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:07 pm
They may be snowed under with work - but insolvency work should only be taken on if firms have the correct level of resource to manage it. In a case where creditors have already been repaid in full, there cannot be any excuse why a case has not been closed - it would take around 15 minutes of a case administrators time to effect.

Get in touch with Karol, as I am sure she will be able to escalate this for you.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

Paul.55

Post by Paul.55 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:23 pm
Thank you Melanie, I again appreciate the candour. We intend to follow the line of contacting Karol - both to expedite our creditors receipt of their full monies in good time, and secondly so that we can get on with the rest of our lives in the sure and certain knowledge that we have morally discharged our responsibilities in full - there are no write off's here, this is a full 100% dividend settlement. GT's torpor is extending this process unnecessarily in our humble opinion.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:26 pm
Karol is sure to be able to sort this out for you - and has successfully intervened for many forum posters in the past.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

Paul.55

Post by Paul.55 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:05 am
I'll be sure to follow up here with the results of our dialogue with Karol.

Thank you Melanie for your reassurance and optimism.

Paul.

Paul.55

Post by Paul.55 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:53 pm
Quick follow up - a somewhat expansive e-mail setting out our concerns sent to Karol this afternoon. I'll post any appropriate results that may make a positive contribution to this community.

Best wishes to all.
8 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”