Post IVA PPI

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
6 posts Page 1 of 1

Virtual-Unknown

Post by Virtual-Unknown » Thu May 30, 2013 9:58 pm
Hi guys,

I have previously mentioned on here about attempting to claim back PPI since completing my IVA, i was advised it would depend on several things, the main one being the terms of my IVA agreement, i have since been sent a copy of this but am unsure as to what i am exactly looking for.

Is there a specific section or wording i should be looking at that will give me an idea of where i stand?

Thanks in advance for any help i get.

Stecast

Post by Stecast » Fri May 31, 2013 11:29 am
I think it's well worth putting a claim in for PPI,

You will find that all banks have different views on this.

I was successful with Santander, but originally they said I would not get the money as it had to be distributed to my creditors so I phoned them up and this very nice man said just send us a copy of your completion certificate and include your bank details that I did, 2 weeks later the money was in my bank.

Now MBNA have totally taken a different route, they have wanted a lot of information about my IVA including a copy of my terms of my IVA agreement that I have sent to them, this is still on-going after 6 months now of waiting for a decision.

I did not really know what I was looking for on my agreement so I phoned my IVA company who informed me that as stated in my agreement now my IVA is complete any offers I get through PPI will be mine and they have no interest in this money.

Virtual-Unknown

Post by Virtual-Unknown » Fri May 31, 2013 11:15 pm
Thank you for sharing your experience with me Stecast, the way I see it I am in a no lose situation, if I claim and end getting nothing back then I am no worse off than I am now, anything I do get is just an added bonus.
I was just hoping to get all the information I could before I put my claims in to try and speed to the process' up so I don't end up in a situation like you where it is dragging on for months.
Several people on here have stated that your chances of claiming it back depend on several factors, one of the main being the wording in your IVA agreement, but having received it and read through it, I am none the wiser.

orchid5

Post by orchid5 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:16 am
Hi Virtual-unknown, could you not approach your previous IP and ask the question outright at least then you will know one way or the other, hopefully as you have now completed it will be yours to keep, good luck and best wishes.
Om shanti, namesté, good luck to all who are embarking on the IVA journey, it isn't always an easy one but the outcome is the best.

IVA COMPLETED August 2012, received Completion certificate 18.4.13.

Tony.cb

Post by Tony.cb » Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:11 pm
Still concerned that we are "forced" to make PPI claims on every known creditor (sometimes up to 10 different ones) even though most are bogus claims - after final payment, but before completion certificate. This leads me to believe that the companies are just after our cash/commission etc. NO certificate until all possible PPI avenues are chased up and potential "windfalls" are cashed in.

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:15 am
You and your IP are duty bound to ensure the maximum return possible is made to creditors - therefore all avenues need to be exhausted prior to your IVA being concluded and a certificate issued.
When entering into an IVA we all agree to ensure creditors receive the most that can be raised during the term of the IVA and this includes the PPI claims.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”