Good news from GT

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
12 posts Page 1 of 1

I am fed up

Post by I am fed up » Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:43 am
I know there are still many, many people out there waiting for closure from GT. I had this email through a few minutes ago and it's brought a tear to my eye and a big smile across my face;

"I am pleased to advise that we are now in the position to closure your arrangement. We are currently in the process of completing the final administration on your case and producing your final report. Your documents will be issued by first class post before close of business on Friday 12 April"

It's taken a long time since final payment and has been a very painful experience. GT have severely scarred their reputation and it's going to take a lot of work on their behalf to build trust again.

I would like to thank Melanie for being a supporter of all things IVA and Karol/Nathalie at GT for finally upping the game.

Best of luck to you all - please don't give up.

kittyface

Post by kittyface » Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:54 am
yay!! Congratulations :D
IVA Completed August 2012 :)

SUC

Post by SUC » Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:25 pm
Sorry I am new to this forum, and my case is with Grant Thornton. I am getting a feeling of a lot of frustration with Grant Thornton and this is raising doubts with myself with regard to them. They where referred to me by National Debt Helpline. Can you switch your IP at any stage or re negotiate I am looking for that 1st year relief, but it appears to be hell when you get to the final year

ClareSilver

Post by ClareSilver » Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:38 pm
It's nigh on impossible to change your IP once you're in an IVA unless your arrangement fails.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:50 pm
Well done I Am Fed Up --- congratulations.

It seems closures are starting to trickle through once again. Let's hope GT can regain lost ground.

SUC -- hang in there, as Clare says, you won't be able to change. However, the problems with GT presently lie firmly with the closures department. I am also with them and have found the way they run the IVA and conduct reviews to be very good -- I am hoping that they will have the sense to sort out closures before I get there !!!
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

joanna144

Post by joanna144 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:11 pm
Congratulations I am fed up, enjoy your debt free life. The hard work pays off. I am with GT and I think overall they are OK. I too hope by the time I get there they have resolved all these issues.

kittyface

Post by kittyface » Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:15 pm
font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:<hr height="1" noshade>Originally posted by SUC

Sorry I am new to this forum, and my case is with Grant Thornton. I am getting a feeling of a lot of frustration with Grant Thornton and this is raising doubts with myself with regard to them. They where referred to me by National Debt Helpline. Can you switch your IP at any stage or re negotiate I am looking for that 1st year relief, but it appears to be hell when you get to the final year
I agree SUC - although I'm not sure you have an option in terms of changing IP, I'd hang in there regardless - hopefully by the time you get to closure point this will all be sorted. I had a few bumps and niggles with GT but on the whole they were OK, and I can't imagine that you won't have the same sort of experience with any other IP - 5 or 6 years is a long time to be involved with a company and have absolutely no little mistakes or issues crop up.
IVA Completed August 2012 :)

ivoriva

Post by ivoriva » Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:37 pm
wow - thats good news indeed, you must be delighted and well done. Just as a matter of interest, how long is it since you made the final payment?

I am fed up

Post by I am fed up » Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:50 pm
My last payment was made April 2012, so I am not the longest waiting by far but I had no PPI to claim but did have to go through a variation to deal with VAT issue. However, my IVA was pretty straight forward with all other respects.

ivoriva

Post by ivoriva » Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:34 pm
That isnt too bad by current standards for GT. :-) Mine was August and they tell me it will be done by June but we'll see. Like you, I should be a fairly uncomplicated case and have done DONC for PPI and returned the mass variation documentation, so there should be no excuses.

SUC

Post by SUC » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:09 pm
Thanks everyone!

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:24 pm
Glad it is almost over for you x
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"
12 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”