Doing an IVA twice ? Ridiculous that DFD are offering loan at 18.9% over 7 years to release equity.

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
44 posts Page 2 of 3

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:21 pm
Hi

No idea but I am guessing that your IVA was worded differently or they can't raise any equity and you can.

Your case seems very unfair

Regards
Andam Davies

sponge

Post by sponge » Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:31 pm
Andy would this not need to be explained to them and it's extents at the beginig of the IVA? Otherwise there's no end, in the sense that any modification could be put forward?

Like any fiscal product, I think the risks or modification extents would would have to be expalined. I can tell you as fact that the FOS take this as a bases for all complaints..

So geoff.b I think your next course of action is plain to see, you have nothing to lose by making that call.

sponge

Post by sponge » Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:33 pm
really must spell check even if I see a post that makes me everso cross!

Til

Post by Til » Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:59 pm
Hi Andy

Can an IP put a modification forward without the consent of the debtor?

Surely the original Chairmans Report would stand unless the debtor also agrees to the modification too?

I had to agree to all our modifications initially. Is this not the case at equity time?

Thanks
"Hope is the feeling you have that the feeling you have isn't permanent." - Jean Kerr

IVA approved Aug 2008 - 6 year term - last payment made 6 Oct 2014. CC received 14 Nov 2014.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:09 pm
Maybe the oft joked about next fiasco: Miss-selling of IVAs is becoming a possibility.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

sponge

Post by sponge » Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:19 pm
Til that's what I thought?

MrsKnight

Post by MrsKnight » Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:21 pm
font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:<hr height="1" noshade>Originally posted by Foggy

Maybe the oft joked about next fiasco: Miss-selling of IVAs is becoming a possibility.
The way things are going I sincerely hope not.
Final IVA payment made in April 2013, never ever thought we could do it or get through it but we did! X

An IVA.co.uk Mentor is someone sharing from their experiences of dealing with debt

Lyns x

herbekj

Post by herbekj » Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:38 pm
As someone who posts about about how great my IVA and IP were in solving my financial problems as a positive to IVAs, the actions of certain companies are changing my attitudes and if a friend took me to one side and said 'I'm in financial trouble any ideas on IVAs/Bankruptcy'

I am close to saying just take the BR route and avoid an IVA now though of course I would have no problem sending them in the direction of the IP company I used.

I'm personally very sad about that change of attitude but the events going on now and I feel for everyone of you that has met your obligations for 5 years and now being treated as some sort of cash cow.
Last Payment - November 2011 - Completion Certificate received 2 weeks after last payment, Removed from Insolvency Register within 4 weeks after last payment.

orchid5

Post by orchid5 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:13 pm
I wonder if this maverick company are setting a benchmark and others will follow if not contested!
Om shanti, namesté, good luck to all who are embarking on the IVA journey, it isn't always an easy one but the outcome is the best.

IVA COMPLETED August 2012, received Completion certificate 18.4.13.

herbekj

Post by herbekj » Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:18 pm
You can't advertise a 5 year solution and then at the end turn it into a 12 year solution.

Missold - Yes - The next saga......
Last Payment - November 2011 - Completion Certificate received 2 weeks after last payment, Removed from Insolvency Register within 4 weeks after last payment.

Til

Post by Til » Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:22 pm
I agree as with a 5-6 year IVA plus a 7 year secured loan at same or more than IVA means debt solution takes 12-13 years!!! That is by no means what any of us signed up for!

I hope that this case with DFD proves to be the exception but I am skeptical enough to consider the bleak possiblility that it won't be :(
"Hope is the feeling you have that the feeling you have isn't permanent." - Jean Kerr

IVA approved Aug 2008 - 6 year term - last payment made 6 Oct 2014. CC received 14 Nov 2014.

12 months to go

Post by 12 months to go » Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:37 pm
hi geoff

as per your other thread and this one also

could you let us know the name of the company DFD are recommending please ? curious to see if they are connected to it in any way

appreciate it maybe a stressfull & frustrating time for you

best wishes
Last payment made April 2012
Certificate received 1st Nov 2012

Gettingthere

Post by Gettingthere » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:31 pm
Hope you get everything sorted out Geoff as this seems a very strange thing for your IP to do, the mind boggles, totally agree with Herbekj, after seeing what goes on now with IVA's I wish I would have taken the BR route when advised to do so, I would have been out of the cycle and not facing another 3 years of payments and "what next after PPI saga?" Take care and let us know what happens.

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:37 pm
Hi

It is concerning that the biggest provider of IVAs in the UK are taking this route with Geoff

I can understand secured loans over remortgages but not at the expense of the agreed protocol.

It will be interesting to read Mel's view on this topic on her return

Regards
Andam Davies

plasticdaft

Forum Expert

Post by plasticdaft » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:38 pm
This is something which is going to need someone to take legal advice on and probably a test case in the courts.

Unsecured debt is what ivas are all about. Why anyone would sign up for an iva to get rid of unsecured debt only to replace it with secured debt is beyond me.

The way ivas can be changed as required is pretty scary and rather off putting.

On the other hand why should creditors write off tens of thousands if your debt and leave you sitting on thousands of equity?

This is going to run and run.

Paul
Discharged today the 8th feb 2012. View is much brighter now.
Continuing to rebuild our credit worthiness.
44 posts Page 2 of 3
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”