GT are taking too long to complete my IVA closure

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
23 posts Page 1 of 2

alibongo and the bears

Post by alibongo and the bears » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:15 am
Service with GT up to last year was really good. Agreed a settlement and made payment in January 2012. Since then they've never instigated contact with me, I've been chasing monthly and now bi-weekly by email as apparently they have no phones in the closure team and it takes them 10 days to respond to each email.

I'm being fobbed off every time. They keep saying its nearly sorted and thanks for my patience. Well GT my patience is running pretty thin now as they've had 12 months to complete procedures and we still don't have our completion certificates. I'm getting so bored of having to keep emailing them for updates and making no progress. Who can I complain to please?

Niobe

Post by Niobe » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:23 am
Hi and welcome to the forum.

Unfortunately this is a problem for all GT clients at the moment due to the PPI issue and before that the VAT issue. You can contact Karol from GT who posts on the forum, her contact details can be found under the 'Ask Experts a Question' link on the left hand side of the page but I'm afraid you're just going to have to hang in there at the moment - there are a lot of disgruntled GT clients on here.

If you wish to make a complaint then in the first instance it has to be their own internal complaints procedure.

alibongo and the bears

Post by alibongo and the bears » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:31 am
Thanks Niobe, its very frustrating but reassuring to know there are others in the same boat.

thanks

Niobe

Post by Niobe » Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:09 am
If you read the posts on here you will see that there is a long queue of very frustrated GT clients - if you email Karol though she may be able to give you more information about your own case.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:21 am
I hope that Karol picks this post up tomorrow. It seems very strange that you are continually making calls to check progress, but that there does not seem to be any. We have seen other posters get their cases closed quickly with Karol's intervention, so I would definately recommend that you contact her if you can.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

sara84

Post by sara84 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:51 am
I can feel your pain. I made my last payment in April 2012 and i am still waiting PPI should not be holding my case up and I've requested a deceleration to say i have never been mis-sold it!
I keep getting fobbed off, they told me the certificate would be here before Christmas.. and when it wasn't tried to blame it on the Christmas post. Now I'm been told its not been raised and to email closures! You end up just going round in circles with GT!!

alibongo and the bears

Post by alibongo and the bears » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:55 am
Hi Sara84

Thanks for your message. That's exactly the same story im getting. Twice i've asked for the PPI exemption form as we never took PPI. Just when they promised before xmas (same as you) that my papers and CC would be in the post a letter arrived from the same company they use PPI claims for saying that there had been excess charges on my husband's credit card of £80 and they needed to get that in before distributing funds. I appreciate they have to do this by law but they've had an entire year to do this. I work for a law firm and if we gave our clients the same service we'd have been out of business long ago. I cannot for the life of me understand how it can take an entire year to complete the formalities. Good luck with yours.

I am fed up

Post by I am fed up » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:11 am
Have to agree the customer service really is off the scale and still falling. I have emailed the closures team twice in the last 10 days and not had a reply.

becca

Post by becca » Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:29 pm
This excuse of PPI doesnt seem to ring true with holding up a closure.
I had the phone call saying i had to claim PPI, i refused and told them NO, got into a heated argument and in the end GT told me i didnt actually HAVE to claim it if i didnt want to but they had to ask. Although they spent 20mins telling me i have to claim it! Its a scam because they have sold your details to a PPI claim company. So they make money out of you again!

alibongo and the bears

Post by alibongo and the bears » Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:53 pm
Hi Becca, thanks for this invaluable info, im glad you stood your ground. They told me this morning they legally have to pursue it. Left hands and right hands don't seem to know what they are doing.

I told them in July 2012 not to pursue with EIC and that i had never taken PPI as its pointless as my hubby is self employed and it never pays out. So they waited 6 months and did absolutely nothing and then decide to pursue it anyway against my wishes. Im getting to the point where i might just take a day off work and go to their offices and refuse to leave until i get some straightforward answers as i can't work out what they've been doing for the past year since i paid off the agreed settlement.

If the police have to drag me away then so be it. I don't like confrontation but if that's the way it has to be then so be it. I've had a year of feable excuses where nothing seems to have been done.

Can't they see they are totally wasting their time and EIC pursuing something that they've been told doesn't exist. arghhhh

Sorry rant over and thanks for your feedback as im now armed with good advice thati can use when i go to their offices.

Has anyone else ever decided to pay GT a visit?

alibongo and the bears

Post by alibongo and the bears » Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:56 pm
Hi 'I am fed up'

Not sure how long you have been waiting for your CC but why not join me in the daily calls to customer services in hope that it annoys them enough to process our paperwork if only just to get rid of us.

sterling

Post by sterling » Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:27 pm
As much as the delays are totally frustrating and completely unwarranted in my opinion, the real let down for customers is the lack of communication. However, if all you can say with regard to progress is that nothing has been done, then I suppose that explains the endless excuses and having no phone in the closures department. Do you think that if we all offer to club together to buy them a phone they will take us up?

Shining

Post by Shining » Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:31 pm
I do think lack of communication is unnecessary as with email they could update you at least once a week and hopefully get these certificates issues to allow people to move on with their lives. x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

joanna144

Post by joanna144 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:19 pm
I had to ring customer services at GT this week. They now ask whether you were an original GT customer which I was, but they could not find my file at first. That is a bit worrying. EIC sent me a load of forms this week and some were blank i.e. the top of the form had no indication of who I was claiming off. Needless to say I did not pay these. The one company I had PPI with and had proof and did not claim from when ill as was not allowed to was not on the list. So how good was their research. I too thinking that I should have gone bankrupt 6 years ago. As I cannot see this pain ending anytime soon.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:07 am
It doesn't appear that Karol has been looking into the forum today, so if anyone who is a client of GT has any issues they can contact her directly via her e-mail on her profile page.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner
23 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”