ppi

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
48 posts Page 3 of 4

orchid5

Post by orchid5 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:44 pm
It is Foggy, shifting sands and moving goal posts to suit whom!!!!!!! That is a the million dollar question, creditors aren't the priority me thinks.
Om shanti, namesté, good luck to all who are embarking on the IVA journey, it isn't always an easy one but the outcome is the best.

IVA COMPLETED August 2012, received Completion certificate 18.4.13.

Muggins

Post by Muggins » Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:47 pm
Don't think it will make a difference as the hold up is already happening!!

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:02 pm
True Muggins. What I meant was the first we had VAT issues holding up completion (which before that was generally within the 6 month usual time slot). Once that was well on the way to being sorted PPI hit the fan. When that has been sorted --- what next ?
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Muggins

Post by Muggins » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:52 pm
Mis sold IVAs!!! ;)

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:23 pm
Hi

The Artist and Muggins......count me in, I agree with both of you 100%

Regards
Andam Davies

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:48 pm
What is it you are actually agreeing with Andy? I'm not clear from the posting.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

Heretoday

Post by Heretoday » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:53 pm
font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:<hr height="1" noshade>Originally posted by Muggins

Mis sold IVAs!!! ;)
As soon as the flood gates open for a Missold IVA, that is one thing that I will be making a claim for!

I signed up for "be debt free in 5 years", not the crap that I ended up with.
7 years after starting an IVA I finally received a completion certificate from ClearDebt

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:04 pm
font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:<hr height="1" noshade>Originally posted by TheArtist

Hurrah Muggins! I totally agree with that but have been banging on about it for ages whilst getting contradicted (you know who you are). It is about time an individual challenged this malarkey through the courts. The amount of posters complaining about, not receiving their ccs, their IP not acknowledging mail etc is totally unacceptable. The whole shebang needs looking at. Except for a complaints procedure within the IP company itself it seems they are not accountable to anyone and just continue in their own sweet snailpace way.
Trouble is, us insolvents are not in a position to make any challenge -- as this will cost a lot more than we are likley to be able to raise.

As I have mentioned elsewhere -- one thing that shoul be challenged / altered is the ability, for justifiable reasons, to change IP's mid term. After all THEY can shift us on, why can't we ?

This would alter the dymanics and take away their currently captive clientele. They would have to start to consider the effects of atrocious customer service and, in some cases, a frankly disgusting attitude when playing with people's lives.

The downside is that there will be a couple of firms that will get crushed in the rush towards them !!
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Muggins

Post by Muggins » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:16 pm
Foggy that is just it! Insolvents are in a position and the IVA companies well know it!! That is why they won't close IVAs as they are afraid that they may be challenged when claiming any refunded ppi from somebody who has had completion! It really will only take one challenge through the courts then watch this space.....

Heretoday

Post by Heretoday » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:24 pm
I have been "sold on" twice so have had three seperate IPs.
I like many others had no choice in who I was sold to.

We all tell people entering an IVA to read reviews and pick carefully who you go for as it is a 5 year plus process. But when you are sold on it is pot luck where you end up.

I had no problems as such with IP 1 & 2, but IP 3 who I was sold to in the closing months of my IVA has been a nightmare!

What I would give to have had the right to choose.
7 years after starting an IVA I finally received a completion certificate from ClearDebt

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:02 am
Hi

This Mel

"I agree with you too and am now fed up of hearing all the differing policies and procedures within the companies! It's either compulsory to claim or not simple as!! If a bankruptcy can end on time despite ppi then why not an IVA!!! Mmmmm I wonder!!! Answers on a postcard!!"

Regards
Andam Davies

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:43 pm
Bankruptcies don't "end on time". There is an automatic right to be discharged as a bankrupt, but if there are assets to pursue this can go on ad infinitum! Just because you get your discharge from bankruptcy, this does in no way mean that the matter has ended - indeed I often wonder what advantages discharge actually brings - perhaps as many as a Certificate of Due Completion in real terms!

There are differing policies with regard to PPI in IVAs, simply because IVAs are individual contractual agreements and not a statutory process governed by legistlation. To compare the two is worse than saying an apple is a banana.

Think I just managed to fit that comment into a postcard sized piece!
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

Muggins

Post by Muggins » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:12 pm
I'm sorry Mel but in bankruptcy you know exactly where you stand and what the conditions are! That is one of the reasons that I wud think some people choose not to go diwn that road! Simply because it appears far more intense and restrictive! IVAs are sold as debt free solutions in 5 years ( in most cases) and this is simply not happening! The question I have is ppi claims - is it compulsory or not to claim?? I wud like just the one answer yes or no!!! Why are companies offering incentives and others not?! Is this financially driven??!!!

Niobe

Post by Niobe » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:42 pm
Actually muggins, you don't always.

The vast majority end after 12 months or sooner but there is always the IPA for three years from discharge which can go up or down and if you have done something wrong then you can get a BRU for up to 15 years.

Also, some do not get a discharge if they do not comply with conditions - for example - Kerry Katona is still shown as bankrupt as she has not complied with her conditions and this is from 2008!!
Last edited by Niobe on Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Muggins

Post by Muggins » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:07 pm
Yes Niobe but hopefully you will be wise enough to know you have done wrong and there are repercussions!! I bet also it applies to all those who 'do wrong'and therefore policies and procedures will be the same for all!!!unlike the ppi process in an IVA!!
48 posts Page 3 of 4
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”