PPI

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
14 posts Page 1 of 1

geordie123

Post by geordie123 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:14 pm
While waiting for our completion cert to arrive ( 18 months) since our last payment.we have had endless calls re claiming PPI. We have told every one that we were not misold and did not want to persue any claims. However someone has claimed on our behalf as we have had a letter from Barclays Bank to say our claim was unsuccessful and they did not owe us any money. Surely this is not right and how dare someone claim without our permission. It appears that even if you refuse they go ahead and do it anyway.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:22 pm
Do you know who actually made the claim Geordie? Technically, as beneficiary to the trust, your IP can make the claim directly to the creditors, but this would be unusual without your authoritu or knowledge.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

geordie123

Post by geordie123 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:38 pm
No we have no idea. It is a bit worrying to think this could happen.

Muggins

Post by Muggins » Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:52 pm
Hi! Out of interest which company are you with?

geordie123

Post by geordie123 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:21 am
We are with Grant Thornton

Muggins

Post by Muggins » Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:46 am
I think that this happened to me also but why send forms out for you to sign if they are doing it anyway? Either this is right or wrong! Somebody somewhere shud say IP's to claim on behalf of every debtor or not legal to do so without a signature!!

Heretoday

Post by Heretoday » Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:06 pm
You get the impression that some companies are making the rules up as they go along to best suit their own interests.

I think that everyone, both IPs and Debtors will be happier when there are some definitive guidelines in place!
Last edited by Heretoday on Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
7 years after starting an IVA I finally received a completion certificate from ClearDebt

sterling

Post by sterling » Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:15 pm
I think this highlights many issues regarding reclaiming PPI. It is not supposed to be a 'free for all' but rather a genuine refund of monies paid wrongly to financial institutions.
As you are supposed to give quite detailed information about how, where and when the insurance was sold and most importantly, why it would be considered missold I am at a loss at how IVA companies can proceed in reclaiming without the customers knowledge and participation.

Heretoday

Post by Heretoday » Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:45 pm
Even when you tell them categorically that PPI was not missold, some firms are still hellbent on making speculative claims.
7 years after starting an IVA I finally received a completion certificate from ClearDebt

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:48 pm
I would certainly be interested to see how this is being done as well. It is one thing saying that the IP can make the claim, but I don't see how they can provide the evidence of mis-selling without the co-operation of their clients.

Grant Thornton

Post by Grant Thornton » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:49 am
Good Morning Geordie123,

I would be grateful if you would email my Customer Services team at ivacustomerservices@uk.gt.com quoting "IVA Forum" in the subject line and I will look into this matter for you and provide some clarity.

Kind Regards

Karol

geordie123

Post by geordie123 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:09 pm
Thanks Karol. Have emailed the team . Look forward to their response

Donkeysass

Post by Donkeysass » Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:43 pm
PPI
I have had 3 emails saying 3 different things 1 I can have the money after I get the certificate as a private case 2 Now I cant do that 3 Its up to the IVA company
Awhile ago I asked how things were going and told we will send you another questionairre I have already sent that when I set out to claim
I am finished with the IVA and now told another 6 months
Nobody actually knows what they are doing thats why !!!

I have had 5 and a half years of looking for the post checking my phone living on the edge to get to this point and now another 6 months so I cant relax or put it behind me and I have done what I said and completed
Yeah Ok I can keep my money every month but its going to take at least 2 years incl this wait to get back to where I Was 8 years ago

You complete you get the certificate no excuses no faffing about
they have had 5 years and also knew this PPI 2 years ago was coming about
In my IVA if I so much as sneezed I have to ask for permission and jump through every hoop they want Now its completed I want my piece of paper
What they do with the money I have paid is nothing to do with me or however liong they want to take thats their business not mine
I have done as told now I want my paper now now now no fobbing off no get in touch after Xmas no see you in the New Year now !!!

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:26 pm
What do they mean by a "private case" Donkeyass? Are they saying that if you make the claim to them directly, they will assist you without disclosing any success to your IP? Or that you wait until your IVAhas concluded and then make the claim and keep the money - regardless of whether this was an asset in the IVA?

Are you really back to where you were 8 years ago? Do you have any debts now? And how much debt did you manage to get written off by your creditors?
14 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”