Allowable medical expenses?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
19 posts Page 2 of 2

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:14 am
No predscription charges in Wales - one of the many benefits of living in God's country!
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

olydak

Post by olydak » Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:40 am
llamedos check to see if you are receiving certain medication which allows you an exemption certificate, i was able to get a partial refund of £38 off my prepayent certificate when i started taking a new medication which now allows me the exhemption certificate for all prescriptions Regards David.

llamedos

Post by llamedos » Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:42 pm
font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:<hr height="1" noshade> partly because we did not include everything we actually spent at the start, ie. replacement spectacles every 2-3 years; also included dental check ups only (NHS band 1) & did not allow for any treatment (one of us usually require some treatment each year - NHS band 2)

Now I am careful to include everything we actually spend, and the extra costs have never been questioned by our IP

That's one thing I have discovered - every year that we do our review I discover something else that we are paying that we're not including! Plus, after my eye test this week, I now need glasses so that's another cost! (Although we use Tesco for free eye tests lol)

The docs have been helpful as they now put 2 inhalers as 1 prescription otherwise I would be going through even more charges!

Definitely going to sort out the pre-pay thing though, thats a massive help!
The end is in sight - months not years!

Looking forward to a brighter future for my children!

Christabelle_sparkle

Post by Christabelle_sparkle » Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:55 pm
llamedos, I can totally relate to your last post!.. We too have had two reviews and just about to have a third and each time we have also realised that we were not getting allowances for things we were shelling out for!!
The original proposal which was set for us was sooo off the mark when it comes to neccessary expenditure!
An IVA is a long hard road but valuable lessons have been learnt along the way. Now looking forward to enjoying a debt free future!
19 posts Page 2 of 2
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”