nearly at the end

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
9 posts Page 1 of 1

barb

Post by barb » Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:35 pm
Hi

Hope everyone is well and have enjoyed the long bank holiday (as best you can anyway)

Hubby and I have been in our IVA since 2007 and cannot believe we are nearly finished with only 3 payments left. [:)]

It has been hard (very hard) at times but it has been well worth it.

Hubby and I are now starting to think about post IVA and our future (hopefully with a mortgage in it)

So to anyone thinking about an IVA, be informed and explore all avenues before making your decision as it can be a life changing 1 and to those just starting out in an IVA, good luck it will get better.

Barb
x
shy bairns get nowt, the worst your IP can do is say no!

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:47 pm
Well done Barb and shows light at the end of the tunnel.You can get a mortgage post IVA and best of luck for the future.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:06 pm
Hi

Well done and it's good to read of a successful IVA.

What has been the hardest part of the IVA for you ?

Regards
Andam Davies

barb

Post by barb » Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:36 pm
Hi
I think the hardest part initially was trying to hide it from our family and friends, particularly when they kept asking you out for meals etc and we kept making excuse after excuse and before you know it people stopped asking, we felt alone and ashamed that we had got ourselves into this mess.

Evenually we opened up and told people because after a while we thought what the hell we might as well tell everyone the truth because they were starting to make up their own stories about us and it was the best thing we could have done. We learnt we weren't the only ones in debt and there was no shame in it.
The second hardest part was learning how to budget properly and that has taken some doing, believe me!!!

Hopefully our budgeting will stand us in good stead for the future :)
shy bairns get nowt, the worst your IP can do is say no!

Broke of London

Post by Broke of London » Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:40 pm
It must feel amazing to be so close to the end! Congratulation!!

12 months to go

Post by 12 months to go » Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:46 pm
Barb i coudnt agree more and echo your sentiments

I made my last payment in April, after what i consider to be an epic 5 years 8 months.

The IVA changed my life; like you I would be lying if I said I havnt had some tough times, particularly from memory about 18months in. in fact there where times when I thought the IVA would never end as I seemed a million years away from my final payment.

Now im almost at the other end, I say almost, as like everone else im waiting for the completion certificate

Well done for nearly being at the end. I would suggest you maybe contact your IVA provider as I did to gain their agreement on the actual date of the last payment and gain their OK to cancel your DD or SO.

Whilst im some months away from the completion certificate, I was overjoyed when my IVA provider confirmed all was ok.. good luck not long left now
Last payment made April 2012
Certificate received 1st Nov 2012

kat68

Post by kat68 » Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:35 pm
congratulations on coming to the end of your iva, wishing you all the best for your future.
kat

IVA accepted 6th May 2011, Full and Final accepted 17th April 2012.

Little miss trouble

Post by Little miss trouble » Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:11 pm
Barb. Congrats to you both. Fab story. When times are hard you get to know who yr friends are. Well done and good luck to both of you x x
5 years done and dusted. Certificate received.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:08 am
Gosh that has gone quick Barb. I am sure I can remember your posting on the forum round about the time your IVA was originally accepted. Well done on nearing the end, and have you decided what to spend your new found money on yet?
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner
9 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”