Please Help

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
116 posts Page 7 of 8

SilverLinings

Post by SilverLinings » Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:18 am
Hi jo.58... me too whereabouts in the process are you? Just about got all my paperwork together and sending it off on Monday - recorded. Im with McCambridge Duffy - they have been absolutely brilliant so far. Pure professionalism! Hoping I get Michael Peoples but that's a long shot! lol Absolutely connect on facebook - Jan please can you send me Jo's fb details - hopefully this time I will connect with the right person and not someone random! lol.

Lovely to meet you jo.58 x

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:58 am
Will do!!
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:04 am
Jo, I've just sent a friend suggestion for tajsiva.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

kazzafunk

Post by kazzafunk » Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:55 pm
Hi tajsiva,

Michael works on the self employed team. I am with Mc Cambridge Duffy and everyone I have spoken to there has been great and very friendly so I don't think you should worry who you get to deal with your case.

In addition to this though, I know that Michael is always happy to take email enquiries from forum members and he will pass them on to the relevant person.

No worries!!!
Kazza

Please visit my blog:
http://kazzafunk.blogs.iva.co.uk/

IVA completed 21/03/2012

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:04 pm
Welcome aboard Tajsiva and delighted we have been of a help so far. If you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact me directly but I am sure whoever has your file will do a fine job.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

Jo.58

Post by Jo.58 » Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:50 pm
Hiya just waiting for the draft proposal so hopefully won't be to long now, so far so good just got to learn to relax and be patient, all good things come to those that wait lol.
Thanks Jan x x
IVA started 14/10/11
CC received 31/10/16

Rosepetal

Post by Rosepetal » Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:42 pm
what a star you are!!!! so very glad to read your post.

we all have the power to be "the ripple effect",the pebble in the pool. who knows the good we can all do with a little bit of kindness..what kindness you found in your friend& workmates! who knows who you might help from this experience??? bet the flower power jacket cheered you up!

well done with the doorstep collecter person,the letter means IF he does call he'll know your situation. you sound much stronger,i'm so pleased.

save every spare penny now for your emergency fund & plan a treat for your IVA acceptance day - you will get there,big hug x
Nothing stays the same...everything changes..hang on in there!

Rosepetal

Post by Rosepetal » Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:58 pm
jo58,we did the same as you,we stuck to the IVA buget for food etc right away,it's good practice& is very good advice to save that precious emergency fund now.

McCambridge are a very good firm,we almost used them,you're in safe hands there tajsiva.
I echo what you say about kall & the other regulars,they make a huge difference to us all,that ripple effect again! happy rolling lol!

wishing you all a lovely weekend,x
Nothing stays the same...everything changes..hang on in there!

lem

Post by lem » Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:10 pm
tajsiva, I have just been reading through your thread and just wanted to send you all my very best wishes, I was going through exactly what you are only a few months ago and I can honestly say, once you get your IVA approved and in place, once you get used to being in an IVA your future will seem so much brighter and you really will feel like you can just start to get on with your life, this forum is a godsend and provided so much support to me when I was going through hell to which I will be eternally grateful, I'm so glad we are all here for each other xx

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:13 pm
Good luck from me as well tajsiva. You're in safe hands with Michael Peoples and McCambridge Duffy and we're all here to support you x

SilverLinings

Post by SilverLinings » Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:02 pm
Thank you all so much for your kind comments. And some great tips in your post Kazzafunk which I will be taking on board.
Kallis thank you for sending through the fb link for Jo.58. Everyone is so supportive and it makes the world of difference.
Rosepetal, thank you I am definitely going to try and save every penny now Im not worred about the 'doorstep' collector. My worst fear is the car it's so old anyway but Im sure everyone worries about things like this. Skippy and Lem thank you very much for your good wishes and also thank you Michael Peoples for your kind words. I can't wait until Monday to send my papers off and then the ball really starts to roll.
I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend so far![:)]

SilverLinings

Post by SilverLinings » Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:52 pm
So tomorrow is a big day - my son is in hospital for an endoscopy and a biopsy. Im feeling anxious - I hate the whole routine of the general anthestic - one minute they're there and then they're gone! After all that my son is being fitted with a probe which bascially goes through his throat to measure the ph level of his stomach and the we go back wednesday to have it removed.

I've seen my son go under an general anathestic before - it's not pleasant - but has to be done.

Also, tomorrow I send off all my paperwork it should have been done today but I was working in manchester and waiting on some paperwork to come through.

For those that pray please say a little one for my son tomorrow. I will keep you all posted.

Love and warmth.

Teresa x

Jo.58

Post by Jo.58 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:05 am
Hope everything goes well tomorrow, I know the feeling my son had 3 ops all before his was 2 (21 now) but its horrible when you just have to sit and wait for them to come back from recovery. I'm sure everything will go well but as mums we do worry, take care and let us know how he gets on

hopefully you will get all paperwork sent off tomorrow so that's a step closer as well x x
IVA started 14/10/11
CC received 31/10/16

SilverLinings

Post by SilverLinings » Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:23 am
Thank you Jo.58 ... I have slept for about 2 hours on the couch - did not want to go to bed! It's 5.19am and my boys are not up until 7.15. Peaceful slumber. Off to hospital about 10.00. I know it's silly and it's only an endoscopy but it's the general anathestic that worry's me.

Hopefully Im going to be posting tonight with less worry.

I hope you all have a peaceful day and happy day.

Teresa x

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:09 am
Hope everything goes ok for you today Teresa - thinking of you.
Bob Marley.
116 posts Page 7 of 8
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”