I travel for work and have to use a personal credit card

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
6 posts Page 1 of 1

Robert.3

Post by Robert.3 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:08 am
I travel for work and have to use a personal credit card, will this be possible if I apply and get an IVA accepted

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:15 am
Hi and welcome.

You will not be able to retain a personal credit card if you do an IVA. Do you work for a company? If so, can they provide you with a company card?

I would speak to a professional, visit www.iva.com which is a comparison site, and you will find a list of companies and reviews. Give one or two a ring for some free advice.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:13 pm
Hi
It is possible to keep a card out of an IVA with the agreement of your other creditors and insolvency practitioner. You will need to clear it each month once you have your expenses paid.
Regards
Andam Davies

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:18 pm
Apologies Andy, I wasn't aware that it was possible to retain a personal card.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

liverpig

Post by liverpig » Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:47 pm
I am with Secure Trust Bank, they supply a Master Card with the account. You have to top it up to whatever limit you need as it isn't a card with credit attached. I use mine for fuel for my company vehicle, which is normally about £500 a month. Thankfully I have a £300 float from my company and can claim back every week what I use so never get close to using any of my own money.

Tina Shortland

Post by Tina Shortland » Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:52 pm
Welcome to the forum Robert.3 - One way or the other you will be able to continue with using some form of card for your travel whether it be one of the many prepaid "credit" cards avaailble now or with special exclusion written into your proposal.

The company you are working with will help advise you on a way forward for that and how to sort out a buffer float if you go down the pre-paid route.

Regards,
Regards, Tina Shortland, Debt Advisory Manager for Melanie Giles at Debt Advice TV.

If you’re looking for effective debt related information, articles and news, then go now to our on-line advice service at www.debtadvicetv.com

If you’re ready to ask us for specific advice or help, then get in touch at www.call-me.debtadvicetv.com so you can start to free yourself from the stress and anxiety of overwhelming debt.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”