It ain't Fair!!!!

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
33 posts Page 1 of 3

andrewgoodman121

Post by andrewgoodman121 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:36 pm
A Man is Jailed for Life for Murder of a Child and is out Swigging Beer in a Park after 2 years and living off the Tax Payer

The Killer of Damilola Taylor is Jailed for 10 Years and is Out in 5 years and Living Off the Taxpayer.

MP's who Fiddled there Expenses for Thousands of Pounds are Jailed for 18 Months and are already Released after 6 months.

A person in an IVA Has to do the Full Term of there Sentence and if there is No Equity after 4 Years or Job Loss your Sentence is Increased to 6 years from 5.

IT AIN'T FAIR!!!!!!!![:(!][:(!]

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:48 pm
Very true, Andrew. It definitely isn't fair ... but the fault there lies in the justice system, not the insolvency system.

I take it, from recent posts, that you are going through a rough patch at the mo. Easy to say --- not so easy to do ... but try to concentrate on the better things, rather than the gloomy ones :-)
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

lem

Post by lem » Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:50 pm
I don't feel particularly comfortable with being compared to murderers, and fiddling MP's Andrew?, an IVA is not a prison sentence, we haven't broken any laws of the land?

I see this as a period in my life where I learn the harsh realities of living within our means and I am happy for 5 years of that so that it becomes absolute second nature to me that I can live without credit, once I am through this, I never want to be tempted by credit again

andrewgoodman121

Post by andrewgoodman121 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:31 pm
It's OK i am 46/66 in my IVA at the Moment and i am not going through a Bad Patch at the Moment but i am just looking at the Way things are for all the People that are in IVA's and these Criminals can now look Forward to moving on with there Lives but those in an IVA or Debt Problems have to suffer the Full Consequences.

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:59 pm
I have to say I agree with lem here. An IVA / BR isn't a prison sentence.

jp72

Post by jp72 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:05 pm
For most of us an IVA is not a sentence, it is a conscious decision after months or years of agonizing, to finally sort our lives out and be able to start answering the phone again, and take responsibility for our own debts. The justice system makes me angry too, but don't compare them, they are very different.

olydak

Post by olydak » Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:34 pm
Hi all, check out this link, everything will be put into perspective, with regard to how lucky we are to be living today and in an IVA.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:36 pm
I agree totally that an IVA is not a prison sentence.

They are totally different - we don't lose our liberty or have a criminal record for the rest of our lives for one thing.

We just have run into money troubles, sometimes through no fault of our own and we're dealing with it the best way we can.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

olydak

Post by olydak » Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:38 pm
Sorry about that i tried to paste a link, it didn't work, here it is, The link is http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/marshalsea

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:43 pm
Debtors Prison - at least that has gone now thankfully!!
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

Jo.58

Post by Jo.58 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:51 pm
hi Olydak

What interesting reading Creditors sending the debtors to prison, glad we don't have that now
IVA started 14/10/11
CC received 31/10/16

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:57 pm
It was a big thing years ago - there was no such thing as an IVA or DMP, it was bankruptcy or nothing and you did end up in prison.
Bob Marley.

orange

Post by orange » Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:06 pm
there are many ways that been in an iva we suffer and i get what you say andrew that they get out of prison and move on with there lives and we get to suffer for years.In someway they are better off than us ! and dont have so many rules to follow, they can probably obtain credit and gain a mortgage easier too.I know lots of poster say we are paying our debt back ,but in a lot of ways most of us didnt realise how bad it was until it was too late .
completed july 2011

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:20 pm
Trust me orange - they are not better off than us!

They have a criminal record which will last their entire lives and I certainly would not want that. It will follow them round forever and won't ever drop off their record.

Neither would I want to lose my liberty!
Bob Marley.

Shining

Post by Shining » Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:29 pm
I chose to be in an IVA to repair my spending for want of a better word addiction. I would never choose to go to Prison far too soft for that even if it meant I could come out debt free. I never expected an IVA to be easy and went in with open eyes and true to form it hasn't been but by goodness when it's finished it will hopefully have been worth it.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.
33 posts Page 1 of 3
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”