Creditors Defaulting Accounts (cedt report)

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
12 posts Page 1 of 1

Broke of London

Post by Broke of London » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:48 pm
Hi All - are creditors allowed to place defaults on my credit file after the date of my iva acceptance? I know they all have to come off when the iva completes but just wondered about the interim.

Being a renter it is fairly important my credit report is in as good shape as possible in case I have to move.

Also my student loans aren't showing - is this normal?

P.S. I checked Call Credit.

[?][?][?]

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:54 pm
They can put them on there as you are responsible for all of the debt until completion so if your IVA fails the information is already there that you have defaulted.

Once you've completed though they have to remove those defaults.

Don't know about the student loans though0.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Broke of London

Post by Broke of London » Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:51 pm
I thought that would be the case as I amin default of the terms of the original contract.

I was confused though as Barclaycard are registering my account as running normally! And bless Natwest loans...they are reducing my balance every three months (presumably when the dividend is paid).

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:01 pm
I know Lombard Direct were defaulting me every month but not checked for a long time so no idea now. Probably won't check until after I've completed.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

TheMatrix

Post by TheMatrix » Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:29 pm
Initial Default date is what's important as it is this date that is used to remove the default 6 years later.

The fact that they are showing the account still in default is correct, but these will automatically come off after 6 years from the initial default date.

So a creditor can show your account as in default today, but if the original default was back in 2006, it is this date that will be used for the 6 year drop off.

Key is to make sure that initial default date is correct.
We're willing to wipe the slate clean, give you a fresh start. All that we're asking in return is your cooperation.

salkitten15

Post by salkitten15 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:39 pm
A quick question about credit reports.

If a debt has been sold on, would it still appear on your credit report?

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:41 pm
Hi,

Yes it will, it will probably be under the name of the new creditor.
Bob Marley.

TheMatrix

Post by TheMatrix » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:43 pm
Or in the case of one of mine, when I last checked Abbey and Max Recovery have defaulted the same account, so it looks like I got twice the debt.

One of them will be coming off soon though when I get round to clearing it all up as a duplicate.
We're willing to wipe the slate clean, give you a fresh start. All that we're asking in return is your cooperation.

salkitten15

Post by salkitten15 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:02 pm
I had a debt with Santander which was sold onto Max Recovery and it's not showing anywhere on my credit report, it was for around £275, not a huge amount.

I wonder why it's not showing?....

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:05 pm
Don't know I'm afraid.

I'd check when your IVA is completed and if it's not showing then they're obviously not worried about it.
Bob Marley.

TheMatrix

Post by TheMatrix » Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:14 pm
Don't know, could be the CRA you are using, they usually mirror one another but sometimes they don't and info on one CRA can show something different on another.

Hense why it's important to ensure all 3 are up to date and correct.

I've only used the free annual report service to check mine which uses call credit, I've no idea what awaits me on equifax and experian.

Not too bothered right now, will sort mine out when I get the completion certificate.

salkitten15

Post by salkitten15 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:23 pm
Thanks kallis3 and inaiva.

Just curious really, I'm using call credit as well, forgot you had to check all three! Oh well, got a few more years left yet!
12 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”