Husband wants to quit job due to health

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
19 posts Page 2 of 2

ginger3232

Post by ginger3232 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:34 pm
Nomoredosh -

it may be worth just checking your husbands work contract regards sickness and salary. If you husbands health is being affected it may be better if his GP signs him off Long term sick for a few months.
You may find his salary is not affected short term.

nomoredosh

Post by nomoredosh » Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:03 pm
Hi, my husbands work only pay for 5 days sickness in any one year period and he has already well exceeded that amount and then there is only statutory sick pay. This is more than the money now as my husband can not go on with this job. Before Xmas they were expecting hiom to work 7 days a week. He was out of the house at 7.30 am and sometimes not back til past 10 at night. For somebody who has a heart condition this is not good at all. He has been blue lighted to hospital several times in the last year. So as you can see we need an end to this IVA asap and has we have paid so much into it over the last couple of years I hope that opur creditors should look favourably on us.

ginger3232

Post by ginger3232 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:09 pm
Hi Nnmoredosh.

Sorry to hear your husband employer is so tight on paid sickness, it was worth asking !!
Hope this is sorted ASAP - as your husband health is more important.

Will keep everything crossed.

Wish to both well

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:35 pm
You certainly have a very good boss and well done to your IP for backing your case. Very best of luck and hopefully you will have a debt free future.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com
19 posts Page 2 of 2
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”