New Bank Account !!

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
18 posts Page 1 of 2

scaredykat

Post by scaredykat » Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:05 pm
from yorkshire bank!! It was a little daunting because the adviser kept going on about credit checks, must have seen the worried look on my face [:0] so i told her i was going to apply to do an iva and she nearly fell off her chair, poor lady, and on top of that she was been assessed by the manager [:I] ah well, all good experience for her. Anyway she did the check, and offered me an all singing and all dancing account [V] no thank you i said i would just like the basic readycash account.....and now i have one [:D] one less thing to worry about xx

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:22 pm
Excellent news and a big plus for Yorkshire Bank.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Shining

Post by Shining » Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:30 pm
Glad you got your account sorted you could have took the all singing one though if you preferred as I've got one without any credit facilities but hardly use it, prefer the basic Natwest one x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

scaredykat

Post by scaredykat » Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:40 pm
They were very good, and nonjudgemental !! i am happy with the basic one.....dont want any temptation !! xx

Pandy

Post by Pandy » Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:57 pm
Getting a new bank account was to me quite a big milestone, knowing it was the start of my debt free life. Well done another step along the debt free road
If life is what you make it, I must have been in a strange mood when I made mine

ThriftyWitch

Post by ThriftyWitch » Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:56 pm
Will echo what Pandy said - Im really pleased with my shiny new bank account, was over the moon I didn't get an electron which to be honest was all I was worried about! Never really used cheques anyway so will never miss those, and the overdraft will never be a requirement again!

Well done![:D]
Last edited by ThriftyWitch on Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trying to be thrifty!

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:33 am
That's a big step forward scaredykat. Well done to you and to Yorkshire Bank
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

New start

Post by New start » Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:16 am
Getting the new account was one of the biggest milestones for us.

I was so scared they would say no!

Every little step is so important!

Well done to you for making this step forward xx

Pugwash

Post by Pugwash » Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:24 pm
Yorkshire Bank were great until I told them about my pending IVA. I was shown the door within a minute. I'm with the Co-operative Bank now and they are brilliant

scaredykat

Post by scaredykat » Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:27 pm
Really !! I sat there and kept saying to myself tell them, tell them, so i did, i really didnt want to waste their time or mine, but they were really really good.......having said that i have not got my card yet hmm, time will tell xx

Jan01

Post by Jan01 » Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:33 pm
Its strange wth banks I tried to open a basic account with Nat West during my IVA and the computer say no, the person in the bank said that as far as Nat West are concerned IVA is the same as BR. Yet there are a lot of people on the forum who are with Nat West? Sadly the Co-op was one of our creditors so couldn't go to them. But sorted now with Think Banking who have been fine.
Jan
Nothing you can buy feels as good as not being in debt.

scaredykat

Post by scaredykat » Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:38 pm
I applied for an account with nat west online, received all the paperwork through the post, and then realized they were part of a group that included my creditors.....all very confusing !! needless to say i binned it xx

Jan01

Post by Jan01 » Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:50 pm
We went into the branch with all out IVA documents but it HSBC who open our account knowing we were in an IVA but then closed it as we become OD because a cheque we paid in to our account bounced and a DD that was to paid out wasn't. I agree its a nightmare knowing which bank is linked to who.

I did trying ringing banks asking if they took on customers in an IVA for a basic account none would commit one way or the other.

I have found Think to be good, all the staff I have spoken to have been great and any question has been answered quickly. The draw back is the monthly fee £12-50 you get a Mastro debit card, good online banking a text banking. I would rather have a free accoount but I wasn't able to get one.
Jan
Nothing you can buy feels as good as not being in debt.

plasticdaft

Forum Expert

Post by plasticdaft » Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:44 pm
£12-50 a month is a lot of money to pay for a basic bank account and is another case of those with impaired credit history getting ripped off. See also sub prime mortgages/pay day loans/welcome finance etc etc.

Paul
Discharged today the 8th feb 2012. View is much brighter now.
Continuing to rebuild our credit worthiness.

nepensioner

Post by nepensioner » Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:53 pm
Hi
I opened a Yorkshire Bank Readycash just over a week ago. Whilst I was in bank was told they would do a credit check, and then she left the room saying she was going to get my new account no. She was gone for ten minutes during which time I convinced myself she was going to come back with a refusal!!!. The card arrived yesterday and the pin today.. happy day
F & F Accepted 19th Oct 2010
18 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”